How to change my old Hard Disk from Master to Slave

How to I change my old Maxor HD from a Master to Slave. I bought a new master
HD but the old HD takes over as Master no matter how jumbers or cables are
set up. I don't want to lose the data on the old HD. I use XP Professional.
Please reply to --tomshare@yahoo.com
1 answer Last reply
More about change hard disk master slave

    If you mean that the old hard drive is still the C Drive, then this is
    becasue Windows was installed on it and the boot files direct the system to
    regard this as the C Drive.

    If you mean that it should be the Primary Master IDE drive, just check in
    BIOS to see what is reported under IDE interfaces, for Master and Slave [Hard
    Drive Make, Model and SIze]: it may be that you have succeeded in your
    physical installation.

    If you want to ensure that the drives are properly cabled, then set them
    both to Casble Select and see what is reported in BIOS when you move the
    drive to the first or second position on the cable.

    "tomshare" wrote:

    > How to I change my old Maxor HD from a Master to Slave. I bought a new master
    > HD but the old HD takes over as Master no matter how jumbers or cables are
    > set up. I don't want to lose the data on the old HD. I use XP Professional.
    > Please reply to --tomshare@yahoo.com

Hard Drives HD Windows XP