8I945P-G problem when bios updated?

astro

Distinguished
Aug 8, 2004

Hi just wondering if anyone has this motherboard 8I945P-G. I just
updated the bios using the @bios utill on the mobo driver disk. It
tells me that all went well and that I need to reboot my machine for
it to take effect! That’s where it all went pear shaped. When I
restarted there's no vga nothing power to the video card and cpu are
there and hdd but no life not even a boot up screen. Heeellllppp
please anyone. I think this maybe a return to where I purchased it
from thing. Any suggestions appreciated thankfully

Cheers

astro

astro schrieb:

> Hi just wondering if anyone has this motherboard 8I945P-G. I just
> updated the bios using the @bios utill on the mobo driver disk. It
> tells me that all went well and that I need to reboot my machine for
> it to take effect! That's where it all went pear shaped. When I
> restarted there's no vga nothing power to the video card and cpu are
> there and hdd but no life not even a boot up screen. Heeellllppp
> please anyone. I think this maybe a return to where I purchased it
> from thing. Any suggestions appreciated thankfully
>
> Cheers
>
> astro

Hi astro,

just had the same problem with the same motherboard.
After updating the BIOS to F6 with @BIOS the tools tells everything is
allright. Then reboot and nothing works anymore.
I've just opened a call at Gigabyte but I've got not much hope that
they could / would help.

What OS did you use when you updated your BIOS?
(My first thought was that it could be the combination of Win XP x64
and the beta of @BIOS).

Regards

Michael

TRENDING THREADS