New HDD: "New hardware" wizard still appears as my drive w..

Hi,

I recently added a HDD (Maxtor) to my PC.
The first time i turned on my PC with this new drive, the "new hardware"
wizard reconized my HDD but couldn't find the drivers. But now my HDD is
well-reconized by the system and works fine.
My problem is that the wizard still appears each time i turn on my computer.
So how can i force it to "forget" my "new" HDD?

Thanks in advance,
Olivier
1 answer Last reply
More about hardware wizard appears drive

    When the Wizard appears the next time, check that you choose the option 'do
    not attempt to install this device again' [or some similar wording].

    "Olivier Theulé" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I recently added a HDD (Maxtor) to my PC.
    > The first time i turned on my PC with this new drive, the "new hardware"
    > wizard reconized my HDD but couldn't find the drivers. But now my HDD is
    > well-reconized by the system and works fine.
    > My problem is that the wizard still appears each time i turn on my computer.
    > So how can i force it to "forget" my "new" HDD?
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    > Olivier

Hardware Hard Drives Windows XP