GA-7ZX Sound.

I am trying to recycle an older computer for a friend . Machine has
GA-7ZX mobo with onboaed sound. I have been unable to get the sound
to work. I tried the 4-in-1 from Gigabyte still no joy. Have
downloaded several drivers suggested by others. Checked bios setings,
Different speakers, etc. I have run out of ideas. Anyone?
TIA
MtnTrike

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003

On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 15:43:26 -0400, MtnTrike <MtnTrike@yahoo.net>
wrote:

>I am trying to recycle an older computer for a friend . Machine has
>GA-7ZX mobo with onboaed sound. I have been unable to get the sound
>to work. I tried the 4-in-1 from Gigabyte still no joy. Have
>downloaded several drivers suggested by others. Checked bios setings,
>Different speakers, etc. I have run out of ideas. Anyone?
>TIA
>MtnTrike

I've used that board in the past. It uses creative's
CT5880 integrated sound.
What OS are you using?

These drivers have always worked for me:
http://www.giga-byte.com/Motherboard/Support/Driver/Driver_GA-7ZX.htm

look in the device manager for any conflicts.

Look on the board for any capacitors that appear puffed up on the top.
Some may even have dried substance on top oozing out.

Bad caps are often overlooked on motherboard problems.

John