GA8IPE1000Pro-G Noisy CPU Fan

Just upgraded an old HP Pavilion with a GA8IPE1000Pro-G.. After lots of
hassle (couldn't get XP to boot with the new board even after sysprep,
repair installs etc.) I did a fresh install and it works.

Main problem so far is that the CPU fan will not slow down. I have SmartFan
on in the BIOS (updated to Version F4), and I've run EasyTune 5.

It's TOO NOISY as it stands - I can't leave it like this.

Google suggests that some other GB boards have thresholds for fan speeds on
the SmartFan BIOS options - 40C for low speed, 50C medium, 60C high for
instance. No sign of that on mine, just SmartFan enabled/disabled.

Any ideas??

"PC Paul" <me@home.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded an old HP Pavilion with a GA8IPE1000Pro-G.. After lots of
> hassle (couldn't get XP to boot with the new board even after sysprep,
> repair installs etc.) I did a fresh install and it works.
>
> Main problem so far is that the CPU fan will not slow down. I have
> SmartFan on in the BIOS (updated to Version F4), and I've run EasyTune 5.
>
> It's TOO NOISY as it stands - I can't leave it like this.
>
> Google suggests that some other GB boards have thresholds for fan speeds
> on the SmartFan BIOS options - 40C for low speed, 50C medium, 60C high for
> instance. No sign of that on mine, just SmartFan enabled/disabled.
>
> Any ideas??

Maybe your BIOS is a little different from my 8IPE1000-G (non pro). Have
you tried F1 in the main BIOS screen for additional options?
McG.

"PC Paul" <me@home.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded an old HP Pavilion with a GA8IPE1000Pro-G.. After lots of
> hassle (couldn't get XP to boot with the new board even after sysprep,
> repair installs etc.) I did a fresh install and it works.
>
> Main problem so far is that the CPU fan will not slow down. I have
> SmartFan on in the BIOS (updated to Version F4), and I've run EasyTune 5.
>
> It's TOO NOISY as it stands - I can't leave it like this.
>
> Google suggests that some other GB boards have thresholds for fan speeds
> on the SmartFan BIOS options - 40C for low speed, 50C medium, 60C high for
> instance. No sign of that on mine, just SmartFan enabled/disabled.
>
> Any ideas??

Sorry, that should have been CTRL - F1

McG.

wesley

I have new FAN name Connectland anyway when I start use it was very noise
until about week later the FAN now very quite silent as deaf . RPM still the
same...

McGrandpa wrote:
> "PC Paul" <me@home.com> wrote in message
>> Just upgraded an old HP Pavilion with a GA8IPE1000Pro-G.. After lots
>> of hassle (couldn't get XP to boot with the new board even after
>> sysprep, repair installs etc.) I did a fresh install and it works.
>>
>> Main problem so far is that the CPU fan will not slow down. I have
>> SmartFan on in the BIOS (updated to Version F4), and I've run
>> EasyTune 5. It's TOO NOISY as it stands - I can't leave it like this.
>>
>> Google suggests that some other GB boards have thresholds for fan
>> speeds on the SmartFan BIOS options - 40C for low speed, 50C medium,
>> 60C high for instance. No sign of that on mine, just SmartFan
>> enabled/disabled. Any ideas??
>>

> Sorry, that should have been CTRL - F1

Thanks. Tried that one already - needed it to turn SMART on for the discs.
No sign of more fan controls though.

> McGrandpa wrote:
>> "PC Paul" <me@home.com> wrote in message
>>> Just upgraded an old HP Pavilion with a GA8IPE1000Pro-G.. After lots
>>> of hassle (couldn't get XP to boot with the new board even after
>>> sysprep, repair installs etc.) I did a fresh install and it works.
>>>
>>> Main problem so far is that the CPU fan will not slow down. I have
>>> SmartFan on in the BIOS (updated to Version F4), and I've run
>>> EasyTune 5. It's TOO NOISY as it stands - I can't leave it like this.
>>>
>>> Google suggests that some other GB boards have thresholds for fan
>>> speeds on the SmartFan BIOS options - 40C for low speed, 50C medium,
>>> 60C high for instance. No sign of that on mine, just SmartFan
>>> enabled/disabled. Any ideas??
>>>

>> Sorry, that should have been CTRL - F1
>
> Thanks. Tried that one already - needed it to turn SMART on for the discs.
> No sign of more fan controls though.

Smart Fan. I tried that on my new K8NS Ultra 939 / X2 4800+. When the
temp dropped to about 95F, the fan stopped. At around 118F it started up
again. This fan runs about 2000 rpm max, it's silent, and it's 4" across.
The fan COULD have a smarter control than that, i'd say.
McG.

TRENDING THREADS