XP checks floppies on shutdown

XP MCE 2005
When I do a shutdown or shutdown / restart, I get an error popup
complaining that there is no disk in the floppy drive. I have two
floppies and if I click ignore, I get the error again for the other
drive. If I watch the drives, each one is being selected in turn. If I
do nothing, the error times out and shutdown proceeds normal.ly

I have tried terminating every running task and all the services that
I could to no avail.

Even stranger, I have a dual boot setup with XP Pro SP2 on another
partition which I haven't used in months. It does the same thing so I
don't think it is some application I recently installed.

Any ideas?
Lenster

You know you've been on the computer too long when...
You start double clicking the TV remote!

Remove YourNightgown to reply by email

ricardo

If your running Norton Antivirus you have to get into advanced options
and de-select "check floppy drives on startup and shutdown"

ricardo

Not onlt limited to Norton but most antiviurus systems seem to have this
option.

"ricardo" <me@myself.com> wrote in message
> If your running Norton Antivirus you have to get into advanced options and
> de-select "check floppy drives on startup and shutdown"
>
> ricardo

TRENDING THREADS