ohmygod

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2004

I have inherited a computer that is infected by viruses & would like to
format the HDD and reload windows again.
What is the easiest way to do this?
Thanks

ohmygod wrote:
> I have inherited a computer that is infected by viruses & would like to
> format the HDD and reload windows again.
> What is the easiest way to do this?
> Thanks

Simply boot from the WinXP installation CD. You'll be offered the
installation process. (You may need to re-arrange the order of boot

HOW TO Install Windows XP

Bruce Chambers

Help us help you:
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

both at once. - RAH

Hi

The following article by Michael Stevens shows how to perform a 'Clean'
install of XP:

"Clean Install Windows XP"

Will Denny
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
Please reply to the News Groups

"ohmygod" <ohmygod@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have inherited a computer that is infected by viruses & would like to
> format the HDD and reload windows again.
> What is the easiest way to do this?
> Thanks

jeff

"ohmygod" wrote:

> I have inherited a computer that is infected by viruses & would like to
> format the HDD and reload windows again.
> What is the easiest way to do this?
> Thanks

hi i have a laptop xp pro that i am selling. how do i erase all of my
personaldata from the drive/ thanks, please email me at jeffb2netreach.net

Try any of these:

http://www.heidi.ie/eraser/

http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm