USB Gone..???

January 17, 2005 8:21:04 AM

I'am running a machine with Win XP pro SP1 and found out today that the USB
tab in device manager does´t exist anymore. Don´t know when this happend came
home yesterday after some days away from home. I cant install SP2 on this
comp so I`m looking for a package with only the USB driver included Someone
who can help me..?? *plz* :)

More about : usb

Anonymous
January 17, 2005 1:19:08 PM

Hi Thor,

Assuming that the USB ports are built into the motherboard (as opposed to
being on an add-in PCI card), before seeking drivers, enter the BIOS Setup
and ensure that the USB Controller is Enabled.

Regards,

--
Patti MacLeod
Microsoft MVP - Windows Shell/User