Performance problems with K8NS Pro and AMD 64 3000

Hello

until end of July I use K7VAXP Board with AMD XP 2000+. In case of any
performance problems I change to a K8NS Pro with AMD64 3000.
Now after change and complete new installation of XP Prof. SP2 the
performance are not really better.
Starting up of windows needs more time, starting up initial processes and
startup needs more time also backup (file and image).

Before I change board and processor I hope to get better performance. I
often run several parallel processes and programs. Sometimes my old system
hang because is to much.
Instead of better performance nothing really change.

The problem is at the moment nothing happen or at startup cpu used is at
approx. 50%. Enough reserve but the system hang. Exp. when I click on the
quick launch bar icon sometimes I wait 5-10 secondes until the menu appear.

I know that´s not a detailed description. But I don´t know what I should
gave for more informations.

Are there any hints or remarks to configure K8NS Pro (especially when I use
AMD 64)?
Are there any hints or remarks to configure XP Prof. SP2 to use K8NS Pro /
AMD 64?

THX
Thomas

Remark: Newest board drivers installed!

"" wrote:
> Hello
>
> until end of July I use K7VAXP Board with AMD XP 2000+. In
> case of any
> performance problems I change to a K8NS Pro with AMD64 3000.
> Now after change and complete new installation of XP Prof. SP2
> the
> performance are not really better.
> Starting up of windows needs more time, starting up initial
> processes and
> startup needs more time also backup (file and image).
>
> Before I change board and processor I hope to get better
> performance. I
> often run several parallel processes and programs. Sometimes
> my old system
> hang because is to much.
> Instead of better performance nothing really change.
>
> The problem is at the moment nothing happen or at startup cpu
> used is at
> approx. 50%. Enough reserve but the system hang. Exp. when I
> click on the
> quick launch bar icon sometimes I wait 5-10 secondes until the
> menu appear.
>
> I know that´s not a detailed description. But I don´t know
> what I should
> gave for more informations.
>
> Are there any hints or remarks to configure K8NS Pro
> (especially when I use
> AMD 64)?
> Are there any hints or remarks to configure XP Prof. SP2 to
> use K8NS Pro /
> AMD 64?
>
> THX
> Thomas
>
> Remark: Newest board drivers installed!

7VAXP is VIA KT400 and the K8NS Pro is nvidia NF3 that it different
chipset -- you need do is reformat the hard drive and install XP again
to clean the driver --it dont work great when you change over from VIA
to Nvidia with same Windows XP without reformat and reinstall - best
thing is reformat and install again as it refresh again.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Gigabyte-Performance-problems-K8NS-Pro-AMD-64-3000-ftopict61593.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=310744