canon powershot a75

I have loaded all the software and my comp still doesnt see a webcam in
control panel???? where do i go from here?
5 answers Last reply
More about canon powershot

    "kman" <kman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I have loaded all the software and my comp still doesnt see a webcam in
    > control panel???? where do i go from here?

    Plug the camera in. Is it detected? Plug it into another port. Is it
    detected?

    If it's not detected, plug it into a port on another system. If it is
    detected, say no to the installation wizard, then open the removable device
    dialog, stop the camera and remove it.

    If it is not detected on another system, the camera is probably not working.

    If it *is* detected on another system, then find some other device that
    plugs into the same port - say, a memory stick. Plug this into the ports on
    yours; if it is not detected, from Device Manager remove the ports and allow
    them to be re-detected. Be sure they are enabled in the BIOS!

    If this other device is detected, remove all the camera software, restart
    the machine, and then re-install the software. Add the camera when
    prompted.

    HTH
    -pk

    kman wrote:
    > I have loaded all the software and my comp still doesnt see a webcam
    > in control panel???? where do i go from here?

    If you mean that you can't see it in device manager, try getting/loading the
    latest drivers from Canon's website.

    "kman" <kman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    | I have loaded all the software and my comp still doesnt see a webcam in
    | control panel???? where do i go from here?

    The A75 will not function as a webcam.

    Make sure the camera is turned ON and is in the Preview mode and the cable
    is connected. Then, it will show up in My Computer as a Canon Powershot A75
    and also fire up the Canon photo download software.

    Tom

    "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJay@nospam.org> wrote in message

    > "kman" <kman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > | I have loaded all the software and my comp still doesnt see a webcam in
    > | control panel???? where do i go from here?
    >
    > The A75 will not function as a webcam.

    Kman,

    I am wondering if any of our suggestions solved your problem.

    Tom

    "kman" <kman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have loaded all the software and my comp still doesnt see a webcam in
    > control panel???? where do i go from here?

Canon Windows XP