just installed devcom blackwidow 9636usb scanner

i have just installed 9636usb scanner on my friends pc,windows xp,using the
win2000 driver,also download the aspi driver,to update windows.took me about
3 days,but finally got there,what i have noticed is that windows recognises
each individual usb port,so try to use the same one for the scanner,as it
will ask to install the scanner on each and every usb port u have,i dont know
if this is a common trait with xp or with just my friends pc.hope this helps
some of you regards
--
allan iain bain

No matter what USB device you try, whenever you change the USB port, XP will
ask to install the driver onto that port. It is common to ALL USB enabled
PC, so far!