Flash Bios query

Followed mfr instns, made bootable CD with updated BIOS, flashed it, no
probs. (no 3.5" floppy).

Relative novice - my understanding is that, once "flashed", the BIOS is
permanent. Do I need to keep this CD, or is it now just another
mini-frisbee, given that my AV protection is pretty tight ?

Silvabod

On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 15:11:29 GMT, "Silvabod" <nospam@thank.you> wrote:

>Relative novice - my understanding is that, once "flashed", the BIOS is
>permanent. Do I need to keep this CD, or is it now just another
>mini-frisbee, given that my AV protection is pretty tight ?

Once flashed, the updated BIOS will stay until you reflash it. So you
can safely toss out that CD.

Thanks, AnonyMom - another "coaster" on it's way to the recycling depot!
Silvabod