automatic driver upload

I am new to working with drivers and uPnP. I need to know if there is a way
to have an external device upload it's own drivers when plugged in for the
first time, so that the user does not need an extra CD or have to manually
install them

bar

If that were the case why would one have an installation disk?

Typically Windows has the correct drivers for most USB devices, exception
will include any device with management or application software such as a
3-in-1 printer - scanner - fax.

In fact to date, these are the only devices that I have used that insist
that one installs the Sofwtare BEFORE attaching the device.