Logitech Wireless Optical Mouse - losing connection

Hi,

I just received a new laptop and have a Logitech Wireless Optical mouse. It
hasn't really been a problem until today. It seems like it loses the
connection every 5 minutes and I am constantly having to turn the mouse over
and hit the "Connect" button.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks.
5 answers Last reply
More about logitech wireless optical mouse losing connection

    Does the IR Receiver connect to your PC via a USB port.

    If so make sure that you have not set the USB hub or ports to power saving
    modes. Sometimes there are defaults that switch of the port to save power
    for laptops and of course it will cause the problem that you have.

    Go to Power Settings in BIOS and in Windows to make sure that neither
    setting is the casue.

    "duke" wrote:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I just received a new laptop and have a Logitech Wireless Optical mouse. It
    > hasn't really been a problem until today. It seems like it loses the
    > connection every 5 minutes and I am constantly having to turn the mouse over
    > and hit the "Connect" button.
    >
    > Any ideas? Suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Thanks BAR.

    I was losing my mind, so I tried changing the batteries. Seems the new
    batteries that were in my mouse weren't so new. I haven't had the problem
    since changing the batteries.

    I should have know it was going to be something simple.

    "BAR" wrote:

    > Does the IR Receiver connect to your PC via a USB port.
    >
    > If so make sure that you have not set the USB hub or ports to power saving
    > modes. Sometimes there are defaults that switch of the port to save power
    > for laptops and of course it will cause the problem that you have.
    >
    > Go to Power Settings in BIOS and in Windows to make sure that neither
    > setting is the casue.
    >
    > "duke" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I just received a new laptop and have a Logitech Wireless Optical mouse. It
    > > hasn't really been a problem until today. It seems like it loses the
    > > connection every 5 minutes and I am constantly having to turn the mouse over
    > > and hit the "Connect" button.
    > >
    > > Any ideas? Suggestions?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    I know that the newer Intellipoint 5.2 drivers now have a battery indicator
    for the wireless mice. Not sure about the MouseWare drivers?

    "duke" <duke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Thanks BAR.
    >
    > I was losing my mind, so I tried changing the batteries. Seems the new
    > batteries that were in my mouse weren't so new. I haven't had the problem
    > since changing the batteries.
    >
    > I should have know it was going to be something simple.
    >
    > "BAR" wrote:
    >
    >> Does the IR Receiver connect to your PC via a USB port.
    >>
    >> If so make sure that you have not set the USB hub or ports to power
    >> saving
    >> modes. Sometimes there are defaults that switch of the port to save
    >> power
    >> for laptops and of course it will cause the problem that you have.
    >>
    >> Go to Power Settings in BIOS and in Windows to make sure that neither
    >> setting is the casue.
    >>
    >> "duke" wrote:
    >>
    >> > Hi,
    >> >
    >> > I just received a new laptop and have a Logitech Wireless Optical
    >> > mouse. It
    >> > hasn't really been a problem until today. It seems like it loses the
    >> > connection every 5 minutes and I am constantly having to turn the mouse
    >> > over
    >> > and hit the "Connect" button.
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas? Suggestions?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.

    Also using cordless mouse and can install MouseWare software from Logitech
    website
    for your version
    http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/finder/US/EN,crid=270

    Can easily check battery status from mouse icon on taskbar beside clock and
    will let you
    know when battery level reaches critical level and needs to be changed. I
    usually need to
    change batteries every 2/3 weeks so use rechargeable batteries and keep
    several charged
    for immediate replacement.

    > Hi,
    >
    > I just received a new laptop and have a Logitech Wireless Optical mouse.
    > It
    > hasn't really been a problem until today. It seems like it loses the
    > connection every 5 minutes and I am constantly having to turn the mouse
    > over
    > and hit the "Connect" button.
    >
    > Any ideas? Suggestions?
    >
    > Thanks.

    U better stop ûûûûing up your mind. And buy yourself normal mouse.MX510
    will do the trick. And if you want so cool glideing i can adviceyou to
    have one of Steelpads. 4D is my favourite.

    --
    Mr.Hancky
    Mr.Hancky's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=7337

Connection Wireless Optical Mouse Logitech Windows XP