Logitech Wireless Optical Mouse - losing connection

duke

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2003

Hi,

I just received a new laptop and have a Logitech Wireless Optical mouse. It
hasn't really been a problem until today. It seems like it loses the
connection every 5 minutes and I am constantly having to turn the mouse over
and hit the "Connect" button.

Any ideas? Suggestions?

Thanks.

bar

Does the IR Receiver connect to your PC via a USB port.

If so make sure that you have not set the USB hub or ports to power saving
modes. Sometimes there are defaults that switch of the port to save power
for laptops and of course it will cause the problem that you have.

Go to Power Settings in BIOS and in Windows to make sure that neither
setting is the casue.

"duke" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just received a new laptop and have a Logitech Wireless Optical mouse. It
> hasn't really been a problem until today. It seems like it loses the
> connection every 5 minutes and I am constantly having to turn the mouse over
> and hit the "Connect" button.
>
> Any ideas? Suggestions?
>
> Thanks.

duke

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2003

Thanks BAR.

I was losing my mind, so I tried changing the batteries. Seems the new
batteries that were in my mouse weren't so new. I haven't had the problem
since changing the batteries.

I should have know it was going to be something simple.

"BAR" wrote:

> Does the IR Receiver connect to your PC via a USB port.
>
> If so make sure that you have not set the USB hub or ports to power saving
> modes. Sometimes there are defaults that switch of the port to save power
> for laptops and of course it will cause the problem that you have.
>
> Go to Power Settings in BIOS and in Windows to make sure that neither
> setting is the casue.
>
> "duke" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I just received a new laptop and have a Logitech Wireless Optical mouse. It
> > hasn't really been a problem until today. It seems like it loses the
> > connection every 5 minutes and I am constantly having to turn the mouse over
> > and hit the "Connect" button.
> >
> > Any ideas? Suggestions?
> >
> > Thanks.

I know that the newer Intellipoint 5.2 drivers now have a battery indicator
for the wireless mice. Not sure about the MouseWare drivers?

"duke" <duke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks BAR.
>
> I was losing my mind, so I tried changing the batteries. Seems the new
> batteries that were in my mouse weren't so new. I haven't had the problem
> since changing the batteries.
>
> I should have know it was going to be something simple.
>
> "BAR" wrote:
>
>> Does the IR Receiver connect to your PC via a USB port.
>>
>> If so make sure that you have not set the USB hub or ports to power
>> saving
>> modes. Sometimes there are defaults that switch of the port to save
>> power
>> for laptops and of course it will cause the problem that you have.
>>
>> Go to Power Settings in BIOS and in Windows to make sure that neither
>> setting is the casue.
>>
>> "duke" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I just received a new laptop and have a Logitech Wireless Optical
>> > mouse. It
>> > hasn't really been a problem until today. It seems like it loses the
>> > connection every 5 minutes and I am constantly having to turn the mouse
>> > over
>> > and hit the "Connect" button.
>> >
>> > Any ideas? Suggestions?
>> >
>> > Thanks.

Also using cordless mouse and can install MouseWare software from Logitech
website
for your version
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/finder/US/EN,crid=270

Can easily check battery status from mouse icon on taskbar beside clock and
will let you
know when battery level reaches critical level and needs to be changed. I
usually need to
change batteries every 2/3 weeks so use rechargeable batteries and keep
several charged
for immediate replacement.