Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

I have WinXP pro. I deleted some non-essential programs the other day, and
now I have no sound at start-up, no incoming email notifications, etc. I have
a SoundMax audio card on my Intel motherboard. I have D/L the drivers from
Intel (because SoundMax site told me to go to Intel's site). I still have no
speaker in the bottom right of my tray. I do have the SoundMax icon. I have
checked to make sure that there are no mute buttons checked. I have
uninstalled, reinstalled. I have tried all fixes from kelly's. The sound will
play in the test of the SoundMax control panel, but still not play any sounds
during start up or email notifications. I recently installed a PCI video card
for multiple displays (AVI Radeon 9250). Anyone have any ideas?

Randy

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2003

Also, when I click on the Sounds and Audio Devices in the control panel,
click on the sounds tab, click on any of the Program events, use the drop
down to click on any of the sounds, the "Play" symbol is grayed out.