Choosing 955X Royal or Pro

Hi

What to choose ? Royal or Pro.
I don't need 6 SATA connectors , 4 will be fine.
What about sound quality of ALC882 and ALC882M ? Noticeable difference?

More about choosing 955x royal

    "ggs" <ggs_@_konto.pl> wrote in message news:dfopvq$amf$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
    > Hi
    >
    > What to choose ? Royal or Pro.
    > I don't need 6 SATA connectors , 4 will be fine.
    > What about sound quality of ALC882 and ALC882M ? Noticeable difference?

    I'd get the Royal personally, you might not think you'll need 6 SATA
    connectors....but you never know, you may want to upgrade or add SATA
    optical drives.

    ALC882M has Dolby@master digital audio 7.1 channel..

    In news:1126251479.791368.266010@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
    scorpionkit76 <osmankel@rocketmail.com> typed:

    > ALC882M has Dolby@master digital audio 7.1 channel..

    Yes I know but does it really sound better ??? i.e. compared to Audigy 2 ?

  4. I would go for the cheaper one with only 4 SATAs. Then get an audigy sound card or sound blaster live. Below are the reasons why.

    1: I doubt that you will ever need to use all 4 SATA ports, if you do just get bigger HDs.

    2 AC97 codecs ALL suck no matter what version what edition etc etc. They increase CPU usage by 10-14% just playing MP3s!

    A cheap sound card (does not have to be the expensive X HiFi) preferably an audigy if not a sound blaster live will take less system resources and will sound better than any AC97.

    NB. Remember to disable the AC97 codec in BIOS to get the full benefits

Gigabyte SATA Motherboards