Choosing 955X Royal or Pro

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
September 8, 2005 1:41:45 PM

Hi

What to choose ? Royal or Pro.
I don't need 6 SATA connectors , 4 will be fine.
What about sound quality of ALC882 and ALC882M ? Noticeable difference?

a b V Motherboard
September 8, 2005 10:17:18 PM

"ggs" <ggs_@_konto.pl> wrote in message news:D fopvq$amf$1@inews.gazeta.pl...
> Hi
>
> What to choose ? Royal or Pro.
> I don't need 6 SATA connectors , 4 will be fine.
> What about sound quality of ALC882 and ALC882M ? Noticeable difference?

I'd get the Royal personally, you might not think you'll need 6 SATA
connectors....but you never know, you may want to upgrade or add SATA
optical drives.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
September 9, 2005 4:37:59 AM

ALC882M has Dolby@master digital audio 7.1 channel..
Related resources
September 9, 2005 5:53:23 PM

In news:1126251479.791368.266010@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com,
scorpionkit76 <osmankel@rocketmail.com> typed:

> ALC882M has Dolby@master digital audio 7.1 channel..

Yes I know but does it really sound better ??? i.e. compared to Audigy 2 ?

May 8, 2006 8:35:19 AM

I would go for the cheaper one with only 4 SATAs. Then get an audigy sound card or sound blaster live. Below are the reasons why.

1: I doubt that you will ever need to use all 4 SATA ports, if you do just get bigger HDs.

2 AC97 codecs ALL suck no matter what version what edition etc etc. They increase CPU usage by 10-14% just playing MP3s!

A cheap sound card (does not have to be the expensive X HiFi) preferably an audigy if not a sound blaster live will take less system resources and will sound better than any AC97.

NB. Remember to disable the AC97 codec in BIOS to get the full benefits
!