8IPE1000 and Zalman 7000 coolers?

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi,

I've got a Gigabyte 8IPE1000 motherboard with a 2.4Ghz P4. The Intel
fan is very noisy and I was thinking of replacing it with a Zalman
7000B ALCu fan which is supposed to be almost silent at low rpms. Are
the Zalman's compatible with the IPE1000? I've looked on the Zalman
site - the Gigabyte is not on their 2004 incompatible list but then
it's not on their 2005 compatible list either.

Anyone got a Zalman 7000 and IPE1000 running together?

Ben

In message <qcnai1p11cvbadqvfoq6cgkjoboo3ha7mg@4ax.com> ben@example.org
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've got a Gigabyte 8IPE1000 motherboard with a 2.4Ghz P4. The Intel
>fan is very noisy and I was thinking of replacing it with a Zalman
>7000B ALCu fan which is supposed to be almost silent at low rpms. Are
>the Zalman's compatible with the IPE1000? I've looked on the Zalman
>site - the Gigabyte is not on their 2004 incompatible list but then
>it's not on their 2005 compatible list either.
>
>Anyone got a Zalman 7000 and IPE1000 running together?

I think so -- I'll have to pull the receipts to confirm which Zalman I'm
running, but if I'm not mistaken I have this configuration running right
now.

--
Anatomy is something everybody's got,
but it sure looks better on a woman.

Ben

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

On Mon, 12 Sep 2005 20:54:52 +1000, ben@example.org wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've got a Gigabyte 8IPE1000 motherboard with a 2.4Ghz P4. The Intel
>fan is very noisy and I was thinking of replacing it with a Zalman
>7000B ALCu fan which is supposed to be almost silent at low rpms. Are
>the Zalman's compatible with the IPE1000? I've looked on the Zalman
>site - the Gigabyte is not on their 2004 incompatible list but then
>it's not on their 2005 compatible list either.
>
>Anyone got a Zalman 7000 and IPE1000 running together?
>
>Ben

Excuse me while I reply to my own post, but I decided to take the risk
and buy a Zalman 7000B AlCu for my Gigabyte 8IPE1000 (rev 1.0) anyway.
It fits and works fine.

Ben