Fingerprint Reader behavior

Just wanted to make sure that the reader is suppose to always be lighted when
not doing anything. Mine is always on (actually the red led's pulsate
quickly). On occasion I see it blink. Then when placing a finger on the
reader it becomes brighter for an instant, then goes off and then goes back
to the way it was. Is this the normal behavior of the reader?

Thanks

PS
I walked into the room once and there must have been a ghost trying to use
my computer as I saw the scanner blink and heard the bad scan sound.

On Mon, 17 Jan 2005 22:51:02 -0800, ygator
<ygator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Just wanted to make sure that the reader is suppose to always be lighted when
>not doing anything. Mine is always on (actually the red led's pulsate
>quickly). On occasion I see it blink. Then when placing a finger on the
>reader it becomes brighter for an instant, then goes off and then goes back
>to the way it was. Is this the normal behavior of the reader?
>

>Thanks
>
>PS
>I walked into the room once and there must have been a ghost trying to use
>my computer as I saw the scanner blink and heard the bad scan sound.

That is the way mine behaves. Sometimes moving my hand between the
sunlight from the window and the device will cause the bad sound. No
ghosts that I know of here.