problem figuring out what is my video card model....

jay

hi all
i have a problem with my graphic card, in the device manager there is a big
yellow exclamation point over it.when i go inside to try to fix it, it wont
allow me to rollback and the system cant find any driver to update it
with/find hardware changes.my problem is that i cant figure out what kind of
graphic card it is in order to download a driver for it.....i have tried
through command prompt debug and d C000:0010 but it gives me an error message
and in properties/general it says:
device type:eek:ther devices
manufacturer:unknown
location:pci slot13(pcibus1, device5,function0)
device status: the driver for this device are not installed.(code28)
and in properties/driver it says:
driver provider:unknown
driver date:not avail.
driver version:not avail.
digital signer:not digitally signed
and of course i cant reinstall the driver then or rollit back to the
previous one.............
please can someone help me find out what is the manufacturer of my graphic
card!!!!
thanks a bunch
jay
email jayfromfrance@hotmail.com
--
life is sweet....dont listen to what they are saying.......jay

"jay" <jay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi all
> i have a problem with my graphic card, in the device manager there is a
big
> yellow exclamation point over it.when i go inside to try to fix it, it
wont
> allow me to rollback and the system cant find any driver to update it
> with/find hardware changes.my problem is that i cant figure out what kind
of
> graphic card it is in order to download a driver for it.....i have tried
> through command prompt debug and d C000:0010 but it gives me an error
message
> and in properties/general it says:
> device type:eek:ther devices
> manufacturer:unknown
> location:pci slot13(pcibus1, device5,function0)
> device status: the driver for this device are not installed.(code28)
> and in properties/driver it says:
> driver provider:unknown
> driver date:not avail.
> driver version:not avail.
> digital signer:not digitally signed
> and of course i cant reinstall the driver then or rollit back to the
> previous one.............
> please can someone help me find out what is the manufacturer of my graphic
> card!!!!
> thanks a bunch
> jay
> email jayfromfrance@hotmail.com

Try using Everest, which used to be known as Aida32. It's an excellent,
free (for personal use) system audit tool that correctly identifies a *lot*
of hardware.

http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

HTH
-pk

Tools required: screwdriver and maybe a magnifying glass. Yes you remove the
graphics card and examine it to find the chipset.

--
Jonah