1Gb DDR sticks with Gigabyte 7N400 Pro2 ??

Hi there,
Just wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers? I have the 7N400 Pro2
Mobo and currently have 1.5Gb (3 x 512Mb sticks) of DDR. I recently bought a
1Gb stick as I wanted to upgrade to max ram (3Gb) but cant get system to
boot with a 1Gb stick installed.
If the mobo wont take a full Gig stick then how is it possible to acheive
3Gb of Ram?
Does anyone have the same Mobo with more RAM?

Any responses would be Very helpful!
Thanks Neil.

"neil smith" <nsmith79@ntlworld.com> waxed eloquent in

> Hi there,
> Just wondering if anyone could give me a few pointers? I have the
> 7N400 Pro2 Mobo and currently have 1.5Gb (3 x 512Mb sticks) of DDR. I
> recently bought a 1Gb stick as I wanted to upgrade to max ram (3Gb)
> but cant get system to boot with a 1Gb stick installed.
> If the mobo wont take a full Gig stick then how is it possible to
> acheive 3Gb of Ram?
> Does anyone have the same Mobo with more RAM?
>
> Any responses would be Very helpful!
> Thanks Neil.

It should work, as I had 2x1GB sticks in a 7N400 Pro2 (rev1), and my
friend who bought the board from me is currently running 2x512MB+1x1GB.
Perhaps worst of all, all of his RAM is mismatched! 2 different brands
of 512MB, and one 512MB and the 1GB are Kingston ValueRAM....

But it works, and in dual channel....

--
-------------------------------------
Reply to for SPAM only

All others use:
m0ng0lh0rde @ ukonline . co . uk

Remove spaces to send
Thank you

Travis Jordan wrote:
> Could be a typo?

Several reviews indicate that you can use 1GB x 3 with the sticks in the
first three slots. But perhaps 1GB x 1 and 512MB x 2 isn't supported.