USB device install

January 18, 2005 2:39:14 PM

I am using XP sp 2 when I physically connect my laptop to the blackberry via
a USB port Windows detects the new hardware and prompts me to install the
drivers. I do this and all works fine. However I have set the laptop up so
that all the users are only Users not Power Users. If a User then plugs
their Blackberry into a different USB port it again prompts to do a driver
install. The user is unable to do this because they lack proper rights. Is
there a way to esentail install the RIM drivers on all USB ports prior to
sending out to the users?

More about : usb device install

Anonymous
January 18, 2005 6:36:35 PM

YES! As a "Administrator" type account, physically connect the USB to each
USB port, one after the other.