Warning: Latest nVidia driver update from Windows Update b..

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

Anyone with the nForce2 chipset and a Realtek codec on their
motherboard:
If you install the latest nVidia MCP driver update from Windows
Update, dated March 26, 2004, it will remove your Realtek control
panel app and break your 6-channel sound. To fix it, go to Realtek
Taiwan's site and download their latest AC97 WDM package dated March
30, 2004, install on top of the nVidia update. Then double-check your
sound settings, because some of them will be lost.
4 answers Last reply
More about warning latest nvidia driver update windows update
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

    "Exp315" <Exp315@canada.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone with the nForce2 chipset and a Realtek codec on their
    > motherboard:
    > If you install the latest nVidia MCP driver update from Windows
    > Update, dated March 26, 2004, it will remove your Realtek control
    > panel app and break your 6-channel sound. To fix it, go to Realtek
    > Taiwan's site and download their latest AC97 WDM package dated March
    > 30, 2004, install on top of the nVidia update. Then double-check your
    > sound settings, because some of them will be lost.

    It's been like that for months! I'm amazed that nobody has fixed it so far!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

    just one more problem with nVidia chipsets--I will never fall for the
    motherboard or video card with nVidia again! AVOID

    "Alien Zord" <rem.alienzord@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > "Exp315" <Exp315@canada.com> wrote in message
    > > Anyone with the nForce2 chipset and a Realtek codec on their
    > > motherboard:
    > > If you install the latest nVidia MCP driver update from Windows
    > > Update, dated March 26, 2004, it will remove your Realtek control
    > > panel app and break your 6-channel sound. To fix it, go to Realtek
    > > Taiwan's site and download their latest AC97 WDM package dated March
    > > 30, 2004, install on top of the nVidia update. Then double-check your
    > > sound settings, because some of them will be lost.
    > >

    > It's been like that for months! I'm amazed that nobody has fixed it so
    far!

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

    "Alien Zord" <rem.alienzord@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
    > "Exp315" <Exp315@canada.com> wrote in message
    > > Anyone with the nForce2 chipset and a Realtek codec on their
    > > motherboard:
    > > If you install the latest nVidia MCP driver update from Windows
    > > Update, dated March 26, 2004, it will remove your Realtek control
    > > panel app and break your 6-channel sound. To fix it, go to Realtek
    > > Taiwan's site and download their latest AC97 WDM package dated March
    > > 30, 2004, install on top of the nVidia update. Then double-check your
    > > sound settings, because some of them will be lost.
    > >

    > It's been like that for months! I'm amazed that nobody has fixed it so
    far!

    I am not. nVidia chipsets and video cards are always a great source of
    problems with drivers. Beware!

  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

    "Exp315" <Exp315@canada.com> wrote in message
    > Anyone with the nForce2 chipset and a Realtek codec on their
    > motherboard:
    > If you install the latest nVidia MCP driver update from Windows
    > Update, dated March 26, 2004, it will remove your Realtek control
    > panel app and break your 6-channel sound. To fix it, go to Realtek
    > Taiwan's site and download their latest AC97 WDM package dated March
    > 30, 2004, install on top of the nVidia update. Then double-check your
    > sound settings, because some of them will be lost.

    Why on earth would you download an nvidia update from Microsoft? Wouldn't a
    better idea be to download nvidia drivers from, well, nvidia?

Gigabyte Realtek Windows Update Nvidia Motherboards