Warning: Latest nVidia driver update from Windows Update b..

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 14, 2004 1:17:42 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

Anyone with the nForce2 chipset and a Realtek codec on their
motherboard:
If you install the latest nVidia MCP driver update from Windows
Update, dated March 26, 2004, it will remove your Realtek control
panel app and break your 6-channel sound. To fix it, go to Realtek
Taiwan's site and download their latest AC97 WDM package dated March
30, 2004, install on top of the nVidia update. Then double-check your
sound settings, because some of them will be lost.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 14, 2004 10:49:27 PM

"Exp315" <Exp315@canada.com> wrote in message
> Anyone with the nForce2 chipset and a Realtek codec on their
> motherboard:
> If you install the latest nVidia MCP driver update from Windows
> Update, dated March 26, 2004, it will remove your Realtek control
> panel app and break your 6-channel sound. To fix it, go to Realtek
> Taiwan's site and download their latest AC97 WDM package dated March
> 30, 2004, install on top of the nVidia update. Then double-check your
> sound settings, because some of them will be lost.

It's been like that for months! I'm amazed that nobody has fixed it so far!
April 20, 2004 6:38:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

just one more problem with nVidia chipsets--I will never fall for the
motherboard or video card with nVidia again! AVOID

"Alien Zord" <rem.alienzord@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> "Exp315" <Exp315@canada.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone with the nForce2 chipset and a Realtek codec on their
> > motherboard:
> > If you install the latest nVidia MCP driver update from Windows
> > Update, dated March 26, 2004, it will remove your Realtek control
> > panel app and break your 6-channel sound. To fix it, go to Realtek
> > Taiwan's site and download their latest AC97 WDM package dated March
> > 30, 2004, install on top of the nVidia update. Then double-check your
> > sound settings, because some of them will be lost.
> >

> It's been like that for months! I'm amazed that nobody has fixed it so
far!

Related resources
April 20, 2004 6:48:54 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

"Alien Zord" <rem.alienzord@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> "Exp315" <Exp315@canada.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone with the nForce2 chipset and a Realtek codec on their
> > motherboard:
> > If you install the latest nVidia MCP driver update from Windows
> > Update, dated March 26, 2004, it will remove your Realtek control
> > panel app and break your 6-channel sound. To fix it, go to Realtek
> > Taiwan's site and download their latest AC97 WDM package dated March
> > 30, 2004, install on top of the nVidia update. Then double-check your
> > sound settings, because some of them will be lost.
> >

> It's been like that for months! I'm amazed that nobody has fixed it so
far!

I am not. nVidia chipsets and video cards are always a great source of
problems with drivers. Beware!

April 27, 2004 12:20:08 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

"Exp315" <Exp315@canada.com> wrote in message
> Anyone with the nForce2 chipset and a Realtek codec on their
> motherboard:
> If you install the latest nVidia MCP driver update from Windows
> Update, dated March 26, 2004, it will remove your Realtek control
> panel app and break your 6-channel sound. To fix it, go to Realtek
> Taiwan's site and download their latest AC97 WDM package dated March
> 30, 2004, install on top of the nVidia update. Then double-check your
> sound settings, because some of them will be lost.

Why on earth would you download an nvidia update from Microsoft? Wouldn't a
better idea be to download nvidia drivers from, well, nvidia?
!