Guy

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2003

Hi,

I wondering what a particular switch on my computer is for.

The switch is marked with '-/O'. It is above where you
plug the computer in.

I left my computer on last night and this morning it was
off. Repeatedly hitting the 'On' button on my computer did
nothing until I flicked that switch twice.

I know this is all vague but I lost the documentation for
my computer. If anyone recognizes what I'm talking about
and could let me know what's up it'd be appreciated.

Thanks,
Guy

It's an on/off switch in your power supply. If it is off you can push the
front button all you want, and never turn on the PC.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"Guy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I wondering what a particular switch on my computer is for.
>
> The switch is marked with '-/O'. It is above where you
> plug the computer in.
>
> I left my computer on last night and this morning it was
> off. Repeatedly hitting the 'On' button on my computer did
> nothing until I flicked that switch twice.
>
> I know this is all vague but I lost the documentation for
> my computer. If anyone recognizes what I'm talking about
> and could let me know what's up it'd be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Guy

Guy

Distinguished