USB device doesn't show up in "My Computer"

Hello,

I have a 256MB Memory Stick that I use for backup purposes. When I plug it
into the USB port on my Dell laptop running under Windows XP, it doesn't show
up as an available drive in "My Computer". It's accessible through
applications, such as Wordperfect, but I can't see it in "My Computer" and so
I can't do a simple cut-and-paste backup operation using "My Computer" alone.

What could be causing this?

Thanks,

Jon

On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 14:39:01 -0800, "Jon S" <Jon
S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I have a 256MB Memory Stick that I use for backup purposes. When I plug it
>into the USB port on my Dell laptop running under Windows XP, it doesn't show
>up as an available drive in "My Computer". It's accessible through
>applications, such as Wordperfect, but I can't see it in "My Computer" and so
>I can't do a simple cut-and-paste backup operation using "My Computer" alone.
>
>What could be causing this?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jon

I don’t know if this will fix your problem.

http://www.computing.net/networking/wwwboard/forum/22450.html

You might try that.

Greg R

TRENDING THREADS