My friend has a Compaq Presario laptop running XP and a problem has
developed with the screen colors.
Some parts of the screen show light blue/greenish e.g IE title bar, desktop
taskbar, etc. Pictures look strange i.e. grainy in places and odd colors
with an excess of the light blue/greenish color. Changing from 32 to 16 bit
makes no difference. Any advice please?

--
thanks,
miraglo

My daughter's Tosh laptop has also developed strange colour (total red on
blank screen, reverts to near-normal when XP boots). Reply to recent post
in this NG was that the laptop's video is on it's way out ... expensive
repair in the near future! Not good news. Sounds like you have similar
prob - hope you're still in warranty (mine's just outside).

Good luck! Len

"miraglo" <not@anypri.ce> wrote in message
> My friend has a Compaq Presario laptop running XP and a problem has
> developed with the screen colors.
> Some parts of the screen show light blue/greenish e.g IE title bar,
> desktop
> taskbar, etc. Pictures look strange i.e. grainy in places and odd colors
> with an excess of the light blue/greenish color. Changing from 32 to 16
> bit
> makes no difference. Any advice please?
>
> --
> thanks,
> miraglo

Thanks Len. Just discovered it's under 3 year extended warranty (it's 2.5
years old), so she should be able to get whatever it is fixed that way.

--

"yabbadoo" <lsdolby@ignore.ntlwor.com> wrote in message
| My daughter's Tosh laptop has also developed strange colour (total red on
| blank screen, reverts to near-normal when XP boots). Reply to recent post
| in this NG was that the laptop's video is on it's way out ... expensive
| repair in the near future! Not good news. Sounds like you have similar
| prob - hope you're still in warranty (mine's just outside).
|
| Good luck! Len
|
| "miraglo" <not@anypri.ce> wrote in message
| > My friend has a Compaq Presario laptop running XP and a problem has
| > developed with the screen colors.
| > Some parts of the screen show light blue/greenish e.g IE title bar,
| > desktop
| > taskbar, etc. Pictures look strange i.e. grainy in places and odd colors
| > with an excess of the light blue/greenish color. Changing from 32 to 16
| > bit
| > makes no difference. Any advice please?
| >
| > --
| > thanks,
| > miraglo
| > --

Good news! (Some people have all the luck!) I'm pleased for you (sincerely)