Hard drive volume letter not displaying

Hi,

I just installed a new seagate Serial ATA hard drive. It is connected
directly to the motherboard. When I rebooted the computer the drive didn't
display under My Computer. It is visble in system management, and Win XP Prof
03 indicates it is functioning normally.

How can I display the drive volume letter?
--
Tman
3 answers Last reply

    teachman wrote:

    >I just installed a new seagate Serial ATA hard drive. It is connected
    >directly to the motherboard. When I rebooted the computer the drive didn't
    >display under My Computer. It is visble in system management, and Win XP Prof
    >03 indicates it is functioning normally.
    >
    >How can I display the drive volume letter?

    Use TweakUI - one of the XP Powertoys from
    (Make sure you do not get the 64 bit version)
    Once installed you will find it in Start - All Programs - Powertoys for
    Windows XP

    Its My Computer - Drives make sure that the letter assigned in Computer
    Management - Disk Management is checked to be visible

    Format and assign drive letter in Disk Management.

    --
    Jonah
    "teachman" <teachman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I just installed a new seagate Serial ATA hard drive. It is connected
    > directly to the motherboard. When I rebooted the computer the drive didn't
    > display under My Computer. It is visble in system management, and Win XP
    > Prof
    > 03 indicates it is functioning normally.
    >
    > How can I display the drive volume letter?
    > --
    > Tman

    goto your diskmanager format the drive and allocate partitions to it,
    this should work well.

    --
    cinestar
    cinestar's Profile: http://forums.tech-arena.com/member.php?userid=2510