Hard drive volume letter not displaying

January 18, 2005 10:21:01 PM

Hi,

I just installed a new seagate Serial ATA hard drive. It is connected
directly to the motherboard. When I rebooted the computer the drive didn't
display under My Computer. It is visble in system management, and Win XP Prof
03 indicates it is functioning normally.

How can I display the drive volume letter?
--
Tman
Anonymous

teachman wrote:

>I just installed a new seagate Serial ATA hard drive. It is connected
>directly to the motherboard. When I rebooted the computer the drive didn't
>display under My Computer. It is visble in system management, and Win XP Prof
>03 indicates it is functioning normally.
>
>How can I display the drive volume letter?

Use TweakUI - one of the XP Powertoys from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/downloads/powert...
(Make sure you do not get the 64 bit version)
Once installed you will find it in Start - All Programs - Powertoys for
Windows XP

Its My Computer - Drives make sure that the letter assigned in Computer
Management - Disk Management is checked to be visible

January 19, 2005 7:40:22 PM

Format and assign drive letter in Disk Management.

--
Jonah
"teachman" <teachman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I just installed a new seagate Serial ATA hard drive. It is connected
> directly to the motherboard. When I rebooted the computer the drive didn't
> display under My Computer. It is visble in system management, and Win XP
> Prof
> 03 indicates it is functioning normally.
>
> How can I display the drive volume letter?
> --
> Tman
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 3:00:27 AM

goto your diskmanager format the drive and allocate partitions to it,
this should work well.

--
cinestar
cinestar's Profile: http://forums.tech-arena.com/member.php?userid=2510