Usb hub problems

I bought a belkin 5 port usb 2.0 pci card which works fine. I also recently
purchased a belkin 4 port drive bay hub. when I connect the bay hub to the
pci's internal port windows cannot find the drivers for it.

I have tried almost everything. Recently I've tried pointing the device
manager to the exact folder(C:\windows\drivers\ousb2) I have also reinstalled
service pack 2 after reading one of the threads here. I'm sure it has enough
power.

The belkin people were of no help, anybody got an idea?

Did you provide the internal hub power? USB 2.0 hubs require extra power
than the power provided over the USB cable.

"fino35" <J. Williams@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I bought a belkin 5 port usb 2.0 pci card which works fine. I also recently
> purchased a belkin 4 port drive bay hub. when I connect the bay hub to the
> pci's internal port windows cannot find the drivers for it.
>
> I have tried almost everything. Recently I've tried pointing the device
> manager to the exact folder(C:\windows\drivers\ousb2) I have also
> reinstalled
> service pack 2 after reading one of the threads here. I'm sure it has
> enough
> power.
>
> The belkin people were of no help, anybody got an idea?

Yes, it is powered by another cable comming from the power supply.
"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> Did you provide the internal hub power? USB 2.0 hubs require extra power
> than the power provided over the USB cable.

What is the wattage of your PC's power supply? It may not have enough
wattage to do this??

"fino35" <fino35@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes, it is powered by another cable comming from the power supply.
> "Yves Leclerc" wrote:
>
>> Did you provide the internal hub power? USB 2.0 hubs require extra power
>> than the power provided over the USB cable.

The powersupply is 480 watts, the power led on the hub is always on so I
don't think it a matter of power.