mouse problems continuing!

further to help from Yves & Jack.
looking in the bios, I found the PS/2 mouse port disabled, so 'enabled' this
and restarted, but still no joy, oddly when the computer is 'off', their is
power to the mouse on the PS/2 port, but on starting up, this goes off and
the mouse does not work. Thought it may need a driver, so downloaded this
from Logitech and installed, but still no luck, a 'dead' mouse!, restored
back in case this caused problems, now back on USB.
Any suggestions please on what to try now?. thanks

"cinestar" wrote:

> is ps/2 enabled in your bios ?
>

> --
> cinestar
> cinestar's Profile: http://forums.tech-arena.com/member.php?userid=2510
> View this thread: http://forums.tech-arena.com/showthread.php?t=44510
> Technology Forum in India, free I.T. / Computer Support - http://forums.tech-arena.com
>
> Yes, it was originally disabled, but I enabled it in the bios.
but still no joy, as before the mouse is 'live' when the computer is off,
but when I power-up, it goes dead!.

Yes, it was originally disabled, but I enabled it in the bios.
but still no joy, as before the mouse is 'live' when the computer is
off,
but when I power-up, it goes dead!.

--
GBW
GBW's Profile: http://forums.tech-arena.com/member.php?userid=4936
View this thread: http://forums.tech-arena.com/showthread.php?t=44510
Technology Forum in India, free I.T. / Computer Support - http://forums.tech-arena.com

Don't see any prior refference but are the correct drivers installed?