Drag & Drop CD Burning.

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

I am using XP Home SP2.
I have a CD-DVD burner and a CD Burner. Is it possible to enable CD
Recording on both so that I can use XP Homes Drag & Drop function on both?

At the moment I can only enable it on one drive at a time.
Can anyone advise please.

--
Paul Woodsford
Remove NOSPAM to reply.

    Paul Woodsford wrote:
    > I am using XP Home SP2.
    > I have a CD-DVD burner and a CD Burner. Is it possible to enable CD
    > Recording on both so that I can use XP Homes Drag & Drop function on both?
    >
    > At the moment I can only enable it on one drive at a time.
    > Can anyone advise please.

    XP's CD burning facility will only recognize one burner at a time and
    will not burn DVDs.
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Thanks Raymond.

    --
    Paul Woodsford
    Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJ@nospam.net> wrote in message
    > Paul Woodsford wrote:
    >> I am using XP Home SP2.
    >> I have a CD-DVD burner and a CD Burner. Is it possible to enable CD
    >> Recording on both so that I can use XP Homes Drag & Drop function on
    >> both?
    >>
    >> At the moment I can only enable it on one drive at a time.
    >> Can anyone advise please.
    >>

    > XP's CD burning facility will only recognize one burner at a time and will
    > not burn DVDs.
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Just to add, drag and drop requires packet writing software such Easy Media
    Creator's Drag to Disk component, www.roxio.com or Nero's InCD component,
    www.nero.com be installed. XP's built-in CD burning function does not
    support this feature nor does it support DVD burning of any kind.

    --
    Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    Windows Shell/User

    "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@NO SPAMvirgin.net> wrote in message
    > Thanks Raymond.
    >
    > --
    > Paul Woodsford
    > Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    > "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJ@nospam.net> wrote in message
    >> Paul Woodsford wrote:
    >>> I am using XP Home SP2.
    >>> I have a CD-DVD burner and a CD Burner. Is it possible to enable CD
    >>> Recording on both so that I can use XP Homes Drag & Drop function on
    >>> both?
    >>>
    >>> At the moment I can only enable it on one drive at a time.
    >>> Can anyone advise please.
    >>>

    >> XP's CD burning facility will only recognize one burner at a time and
    >> will not burn DVDs.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

    Thanks for all the info. I knew XP doesn't support DVD burning but this new
    burner also burns CDs. I have Inca and it functions on both burners, just
    thought XP might allow Drag & Drop using its own CD burning ability. Never
    mind, you all answered my query, and thanks once again.

    --
    Paul Woodsford
    Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    > Just to add, drag and drop requires packet writing software such Easy
    > Media Creator's Drag to Disk component, www.roxio.com or Nero's InCD
    > component, www.nero.com be installed. XP's built-in CD burning function
    > does not support this feature nor does it support DVD burning of any kind.
    >
    > --
    > Michael Solomon MS-MVP
    > Windows Shell/User
    > Backup is a PC User's Best Friend
    > DTS-L.Org: http://www.dts-l.org/
    >
    > "Paul Woodsford" <paul.woodsford@NO SPAMvirgin.net> wrote in message
    >> Thanks Raymond.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Paul Woodsford
    >> Remove NOSPAM to reply.
    >> "Raymond J. Johnson Jr." <RayJ@nospam.net> wrote in message

    >>> XP's CD burning facility will only recognize one burner at a time and
    >>> will not burn DVDs.

    you can only burn 1 cd with xp

    --
    cinestar
    cinestar's Profile: http://forums.tech-arena.com/member.php?userid=2510

    > Thanks for all the info. I knew XP doesn't support DVD burning but
    > this new burner also burns CDs. I have Inca and it functions on both
    > burners, just thought XP might allow Drag & Drop using its own CD
    > burning ability. Never mind, you all answered my query, and thanks
    > once again.

    i rather like burnQuick for the cd burning(faster than nero/primo/etc)
    intergrates to shell
    ie right click and sel burn or add to queery(v~~ery nice)
    cant recall if it does DVDs and don't care to look it up

Microsoft Burner CD-Rom Windows XP