Touch ED Error

Every time I boot up my Toshiba laptop I get the
following error message:

Touch ED Error

Retrieval of "THotkey" failed.

Error code 0x00031402, 0x00000002

It doesn't interfere with operation but it drives me
nuts. How can I correct this?

Thanks

Eric

Same problem here. All the forums found via Google lack asolution. I
amposting it to this forum b/c this forum comes up first in
theGooglesearch. Hopefully other Toshiba sufferers can use this fix.

Stop trying to remove this error with AdAware, AVGAntivirus, Spybot,
HijackThis and so on.

THIS IS NOT A WORM, THIS IS NOT MALWARE, THIS IS NOT ADWARE,THIS IS NOT
A VIRUS.

This is a Toshiba touchpad utility.

Navigate to C:\Windows\system32

DELETE 000StTHK.exe and 00THotkey.exe.manifest

COPY 00THotkey.exe

Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All
Users\StartMenu\Programs\Startup

PASTE 00THotkey.exe into the Startup directory.

Creating a shortcut may work just as well, I can't reallysay because
this is how I solved the problem and I am happy with it.

--
SBriggs
SBriggs's Profile: http://forum.osnn.net/member.php?userid=7556