cd burner wont burn!!!

I recently formatted my hard drive (Dell 2300 Dimension desktop) and now my
burner won't burn. The light just flashes, and then i have to reboot to get
the cd out! Did I not install the driver properly? My device driver says that
the device IS working properly. It is, but i cannot burn audio, or video
files........please help!!

"skrewedup" wrote:

> I recently formatted my hard drive (Dell 2300 Dimension desktop) and now my
> burner won't burn. The light just flashes, and then i have to reboot to get
> the cd out! Did I not install the driver properly? My device driver says that
> the device IS working properly. It is, but i cannot burn audio, or video
> files........please help!!p.s........using sp2, by the way

Before reformatting, did you physically change/add a new hdd, or
remove/replace the cables? If so, check the settings and ensure the
jumpers/connectors are correct (master/slave setting).
If it was working before and you haven't touched the cables - ensure the
flat cable connectors are fully seated in both the hdd and the cd/rw (just
press them firmly in).
If that doesn't improve things, in Device Manager, try uninstalling, rebott,
and re-install the CD/RW.
One last thought - (since reformatting lost all the installed drivers) - is
there an updated driver (later than that on the CD/RW installation CD)
either from CD mfr site, or from Microsoft ?

Hope this helps. Len

"skrewedup" <skrewedup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I recently formatted my hard drive (Dell 2300 Dimension desktop) and now my
> burner won't burn. The light just flashes, and then i have to reboot to
> get
> the cd out! Did I not install the driver properly? My device driver says
> that
> the device IS working properly. It is, but i cannot burn audio, or video
> files........please help!!

you DID reinstall your burner program?

also some software requires patches to work with XP, easyCD creator is one
of those.