Win Xp pro strange mouse behaviour

Paul

Splendid

Hi all,

The problem is whenever i click right click mouse button on the desktop the
screen refreshes itself and sometimes shows me this message below-

explorer.exe- Application Error. The instruction at "08101302c8" referenced
memory at "080000000".The memory could not be written.

Click on oK to terminate the program

Click on cancel to debug the program

I have tried both but nothing good happens. There is nothing wrong with the
mouse its xp compatitible and quite new. The problem actually started after
installing xp pro in my machine i previously had win me in which the mouse
worked alright.

Also, I cant create folders or cut and paste .

Any help would be appreciated

Thanx

peter

Hi,

Have you tried to install the XP compatible drivers for your mouse?
I'll suggest you to uninstall the existing mouse drivers from the Add or
Remove Program, then download and install the latest XP drivers from the
mouse manufacturer's website. If XP drivers is not available from the mouse
website, just uninstall the drivers and then reboot, let XP install the
native mouse drivers.

Hope it helps.

Peter

"Paul" <goneouttolunch@home.com> wrote:

>The problem is whenever i click right click mouse button on the desktop the
>screen refreshes itself and sometimes shows me this message below-
>
>explorer.exe- Application Error. The instruction at "08101302c8" referenced
>memory at "080000000".The memory could not be written.

Some program running at the same time may cause this. See "How to
Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353)
for further help.

--
(tm)

Paul

Splendid

Thanx Peter and Thorsten for the info

Will check out the urls

Cheers

"Thorsten Matzner" <tmatzner@gmx.net> wrote in message
> "Paul" <goneouttolunch@home.com> wrote:
>
>>The problem is whenever i click right click mouse button on the desktop
>>the
>>screen refreshes itself and sometimes shows me this message below-
>>
>>explorer.exe- Application Error. The instruction at "08101302c8"
>>referenced
>>memory at "080000000".The memory could not be written.
>
> Some program running at the same time may cause this. See "How to
> Troubleshoot By Using the Msconfig Utility in Windows XP"
> (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310560) and "How to Perform a
> Clean Boot in Windows XP" (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310353)
> for further help.
>
> --