USB - digital camera

Dear all,

I have the following problem. When I attach my new digital camera (olympus
D-580 Zoom) to my pc (USB), I briefly see the 'found new hardware' box in
the bottom right corner of my task bar, but then my pc immediately crashes
and reboots. Other devices (printer, webcam) cause no problem on the same
USB ports.

In the device manager, I see no device conflicts. I do however see 'usb root
hub' and 'USB VIA host controller' twice, but windows says all is
functioning correctly. Maybe this duplicate has something to do with my
prob?

conf: winXP, 500Mb Ram, 20Gb harddisk free, P4, ...

best,
duke
2 answers Last reply
More about digital camera

    "Elvis Castello" <wouter.duyck@UGent.be> wrote in message
    | Dear all,
    |
    | I have the following problem. When I attach my new digital camera (olympus
    | D-580 Zoom) to my pc (USB), I briefly see the 'found new hardware' box in
    | the bottom right corner of my task bar, but then my pc immediately crashes
    | and reboots. Other devices (printer, webcam) cause no problem on the same
    | USB ports.
    |
    | In the device manager, I see no device conflicts. I do however see 'usb
    root
    | hub' and 'USB VIA host controller' twice, but windows says all is
    | functioning correctly. Maybe this duplicate has something to do with my
    | prob?
    |
    | conf: winXP, 500Mb Ram, 20Gb harddisk free, P4, ...
    |
    | best,
    | duke

    Don't turn the camera on until after you've connected it to the USB port on
    the computer. A better way to handle this is with a card reader. They're
    cheap--check eBay.

    Do you have the usb driver for the camera installed ?

    --
    Carl G
    "Elvis Castello" <wouter.duyck@UGent.be> wrote in message
    > Dear all,
    >
    > I have the following problem. When I attach my new digital camera (olympus
    > D-580 Zoom) to my pc (USB), I briefly see the 'found new hardware' box in
    > the bottom right corner of my task bar, but then my pc immediately crashes
    > and reboots. Other devices (printer, webcam) cause no problem on the same
    > USB ports.
    >
    > In the device manager, I see no device conflicts. I do however see 'usb
    > root
    > hub' and 'USB VIA host controller' twice, but windows says all is
    > functioning correctly. Maybe this duplicate has something to do with my
    > prob?
    >
    > conf: winXP, 500Mb Ram, 20Gb harddisk free, P4, ...
    >
    > best,
    > duke

Hardware Cameras USB Windows XP