chd games question

Last response: in Video Games
Share
March 1, 2005 4:20:51 PM

My observations from the chd games I've tried so far:

Running in at least 40% - 50% speed in my ghetto AMD 1.3:
KI and KI 2
Area 51
Hyper Athlete
Crypt Killer

Completely unplayable:
SF Rush & its sequels
Gauntlet Legends (didn't even try this)
NFL Blitz
Wayne Gretzky hockey

I know SF Rush and Gauntlet Legends won't be playable in 10 years (as
they require something like 20 Ghz).

But how about the rest? Vapor TRX, Vicious Circle and Hyperdrive? I
have a chance to get them but I won't bother downloading if they're
completely unplayable. I'm updating my machine soon so I'd like to
know.

Thanks in advance.

More about : chd games question

Anonymous
March 3, 2005 2:15:05 AM

JP wrote:

> I know SF Rush and Gauntlet Legends won't be playable in 10 years (as
> they require something like 20 Ghz).
>
> But how about the rest? Vapor TRX, Vicious Circle and Hyperdrive? I
> have a chance to get them but I won't bother downloading if they're
> completely unplayable. I'm updating my machine soon so I'd like to
> know.

20Ghz is just a random number picked out of nowhere. Its completely
meaningless. As are all the other specs that get thrown about regarding
these games.

The CHD games are included 'cause MAMEs stated purpose is preservation.
They *are* an interesting technical hack. And they are unplayable.

Just an enormous waste of hard-drive space IMO.
!