ga-7vm400m & phoenix bios not-booting

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

I have a Gigabyte GA-7VM400M motherboard with Phoenix D686 Bios and
Athlon 2400 processor that I tried to add memory to. The machine
doesn't boot giving me only a long single beep at regular intervals.
I've
tried all combinations of the new(525MB) and old memory (256MB) but
nothing works. Any ideas on what I can do here?
1 answer Last reply
More about 7vm400m phoenix bios booting
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

    I have that same board with 512 of PC2700 and AMD Barton 2500 running fine.
    I looked in the manual for it and there is no mention of Phoenix BIOS for
    it, only AMI and Award. Gigabyte's website doesn't show Phoenix BIOS either.

    Sure it's the right BIOS?

    <cporter@dallas.photronics.com> wrote in message
    >I have a Gigabyte GA-7VM400M motherboard with Phoenix D686 Bios and
    > Athlon 2400 processor that I tried to add memory to. The machine
    > doesn't boot giving me only a long single beep at regular intervals.
    > I've
    > tried all combinations of the new(525MB) and old memory (256MB) but
    > nothing works. Any ideas on what I can do here?

Gigabyte BIOS Phoenix Memory Motherboards