USB IRQ settings

How can i manually alter the IRQ setting for my usb devices, in device
manager the option to configure is greyed out! The problem is that my usb
controllers are spread everywhere with one on the same irq as the audio and
and one on the video card causing the blue screen of death.

Need to be done is Bios and not in ACPI mode (standard mode) of XP.

If the USB controllers are PCI, try to re-arrange the PCI slots that you
place them in.

"chewyshaun" <chewyshaun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can i manually alter the IRQ setting for my usb devices, in device
> manager the option to configure is greyed out! The problem is that my usb
> controllers are spread everywhere with one on the same irq as the audio
> and
> and one on the video card causing the blue screen of death.

They are onboard USB ports, do i need to reinstall windows and push f5 when
it asks to "instal a third party driver press f6" (or something like that)
and then change the HAL to standard PC?

"Yves Leclerc" wrote:

> Need to be done is Bios and not in ACPI mode (standard mode) of XP.
>
> If the USB controllers are PCI, try to re-arrange the PCI slots that you
> place them in.
>

> "chewyshaun" <chewyshaun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can i manually alter the IRQ setting for my usb devices, in device
> > manager the option to configure is greyed out! The problem is that my usb
> > controllers are spread everywhere with one on the same irq as the audio
> > and
> > and one on the video card causing the blue screen of death.

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

IRQ sharing works well and is often blamed erroneously for other problems.
Why do you think this is the cause of the BSOD's? What errors are being
reported?
--

"chewyshaun" <chewyshaun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can i manually alter the IRQ setting for my usb devices, in device
> manager the option to configure is greyed out! The problem is that my usb
> controllers are spread everywhere with one on the same irq as the audio
> and
> and one on the video card causing the blue screen of death.

I am getting the IRQ IS NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO one

"GTS" wrote:

> IRQ sharing works well and is often blamed erroneously for other problems.
> Why do you think this is the cause of the BSOD's? What errors are being
> reported?
> --
>
> "chewyshaun" <chewyshaun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How can i manually alter the IRQ setting for my usb devices, in device
> > manager the option to configure is greyed out! The problem is that my usb
> > controllers are spread everywhere with one on the same irq as the audio
> > and
> > and one on the video card causing the blue screen of death.

The file name included in the error message is the driver that has the
problem.

chewyshaun wrote:

> I am getting the IRQ IS NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO one
>
> "GTS" wrote:
>

>>IRQ sharing works well and is often blamed erroneously for other problems.
>>Why do you think this is the cause of the BSOD's? What errors are being
>>reported?
>>--
>>
>>"chewyshaun" <chewyshaun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>>>How can i manually alter the IRQ setting for my usb devices, in device
>>>manager the option to configure is greyed out! The problem is that my usb
>>>controllers are spread everywhere with one on the same irq as the audio
>>>and
>>>and one on the video card causing the blue screen of death.

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

There are many possible causes of that error. It often indicates a corrupt
device driver or sometimes a hardware problem. If you post the stop code
and first parameter and the filename referenced (if any) we could better
advise you.
--

>I am getting the IRQ IS NOT LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO one
>
> "GTS" wrote:
>
>> IRQ sharing works well and is often blamed erroneously for other
>> problems.
>> Why do you think this is the cause of the BSOD's? What errors are being
>> reported?
>> --
>>
>> "chewyshaun" <chewyshaun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How can i manually alter the IRQ setting for my usb devices, in device
>> > manager the option to configure is greyed out! The problem is that my
>> > usb
>> > controllers are spread everywhere with one on the same irq as the audio
>> > and
>> > and one on the video card causing the blue screen of death.

Normally, Yes, but it is a pain if you have a lot of files to save. Check
with the second part of this thread FIRST!