Windows Restarts randomly

For some reason, Windows keeps restarting randomly on my computer. The error
code is:

Source: System Error Category: 102 Event ID: 1003
Error code 100000d1, parameter1 d72a2e7f, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
00000008, parameter4 d72a2e7f.
Can anyone tell me what causes this and how to stop it?

gf

Distinguished
May 4, 2004

In Control Panel/system/advanced/error report

disable Error report.

That should do it.

"micfong" <micfong@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de
news: B76D03A2-10D0-4160-8C0C-CE4F71FE6B71@microsoft.com...
> For some reason, Windows keeps restarting randomly on my computer. The
> error
> code is:
>
> Source: System Error Category: 102 Event ID: 1003
> Error code 100000d1, parameter1 d72a2e7f, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
> 00000008, parameter4 d72a2e7f.
> Can anyone tell me what causes this and how to stop it?

This is usually caused by a driver.To determine what driver is causing the
problem I need you to enable driver verifier.
Steps:
1) Windows Key + R
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
the blue screen will hopefully say something like
"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ) my way.
If you have any questions or I didn't explain something well enough don't
hesitate to e-mail me back. Good Luck,

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft
-----

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

"micfong" <micfong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason, Windows keeps restarting randomly on my computer. The
> error
> code is:
>
> Source: System Error Category: 102 Event ID: 1003
> Error code 100000d1, parameter1 d72a2e7f, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
> 00000008, parameter4 d72a2e7f.
> Can anyone tell me what causes this and how to stop it?

I have a similar problem. I tried running the "verifier" and it told me
that IOMDISK.SYS was a problem in that it is attempting to access memory
beyond the allocation.

The message that I usually get, though, says MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION.

I have a copy of the file dumps and screen captures of the dialog boxes that
come up when I restart the PC. I also have a copied version of both of the
Blue Screens. I copied them in longhand then created rich text files (.rtf)
using WordPad. I also have a screen capture of the web page that Microsoft
created when I sent the report.

The reboot might happen at any time but I can make it happen almost every
time by doing a Scan using McAfee VirusScan. It also happens frequently
when I am using Microsoft Money 2001.

Can you help me?

Joe Harman

"Joshua Smith [MSFT]" <joshsm@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
This is usually caused by a driver.To determine what driver is causing the
problem I need you to enable driver verifier.
Steps:
1) Windows Key + R
2) Type in 'verifier' and hit enter
3) Make sure 'Create Standard Setting' is selected and hit next
4) Click on 'Select all drivers installed on this computer' and hit Finish
5) Reboot

There is a possibility that your computer will crash on reboot. If this
occurs hit F8 when rebooting just before the windows logo screen and select
the safe mode boot option. Follow the same steps above but on step 4 choose
'Select driver names from a list'; hit next; check the box next to any
driver where the provider is not Microsoft; hit Finish; reboot.

This will slow the performance of you computer a little while enabled but
will hopefully catch the driver causing corruption. Next time you crash
the blue screen will hopefully say something like
"DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION". If this occurs please send the
corresponding minidump (by default it is at c:\windows\Minidump ) my way.
If you have any questions or I didn't explain something well enough don't
hesitate to e-mail me back. Good Luck,

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft
-----

Get Secure! www.microsoft.com/security

"micfong" <micfong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> For some reason, Windows keeps restarting randomly on my computer. The
> error
> code is:
>
> Source: System Error Category: 102 Event ID: 1003
> Error code 100000d1, parameter1 d72a2e7f, parameter2 00000002, parameter3
> 00000008, parameter4 d72a2e7f.
> Can anyone tell me what causes this and how to stop it?

Hi Joe,

I can try to help. Can you send me the files? Remove the 'online' from
my email address.

Joshua Smith
OpenGL Test Lab
Microsoft