semiOT: mess and vectrex. no overlays

anyone know why i wouldn't be seeing any overlays for vectrex in mess?

i got them in the artwork dir as png named same as the game.

thanks.
k.

"keith corcoran" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in news:YPKdnSUoh-6llrjfRVn-
pA@comcast.com:

> anyone know why i wouldn't be seeing any overlays for vectrex in mess?
>
> i got them in the artwork dir as png named same as the game.

AFAIK, Vectrex overlays broke in some early version of MESS
(0.37 IIRC) and haven't been fixed since.

Sorry
Wolfram

I'm no expert at all the video settings in MESS/Mame but it's probably
something simple like HWStretch or something set to 1 (turned on).

John

Hi John,

> That's not correct. I use MESS 0.89 (I think) and all my Vectrex
> overlays work fine. The entire set is available for download on my
> website. Check out the Vectrex section on the downloads page at
> http://home.comcast.net/~cpviewer

BTW, didn't Vectrex use a vertically mounted 4:3 monitor? Why is it the
image when playing it in MESS doesn't look 3:4 ? It seems much more square
than it should be...

Thanks,

SA Dev

Hi John,

> I'm no expert at all the video settings in MESS/Mame but it's probably
> something simple like HWStretch or something set to 1 (turned on).

Does it appear in a 3:4 vertical format on your system? I know I have the
mess/mame video settings correct because every other game/console runs fine.
I think maybe the person who developed the vectrex driver doesn't have the
number of pixels right or something; I could be wrong...

Thanks,

SA Dev

yeah when i fired it up in window mode it was very wide. i had to uncheck
auto stretching, etc and manually resize the window.

checking those overlays now. thanks for the replies.

"SA Development" <nospam38925@forme.com> wrote in message
> Hi John,
>
> > I'm no expert at all the video settings in MESS/Mame but it's probably
> > something simple like HWStretch or something set to 1 (turned on).
>
> Does it appear in a 3:4 vertical format on your system? I know I have the
> mess/mame video settings correct because every other game/console runs
fine.
> I think maybe the person who developed the vectrex driver doesn't have the
> number of pixels right or something; I could be wrong...
>
> Thanks,
>
> SA Dev

found this...

http://www.bannister.org/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=7;t=002443#000000

"keith corcoran" <winner@soulshot.com> wrote in message
> yeah when i fired it up in window mode it was very wide. i had to uncheck
> auto stretching, etc and manually resize the window.
>
> checking those overlays now. thanks for the replies.

> "SA Development" <nospam38925@forme.com> wrote in message
> > Hi John,
> >
> > > I'm no expert at all the video settings in MESS/Mame but it's probably
> > > something simple like HWStretch or something set to 1 (turned on).
> >
> > Does it appear in a 3:4 vertical format on your system? I know I have
the
> > mess/mame video settings correct because every other game/console runs
> fine.
> > I think maybe the person who developed the vectrex driver doesn't have
the
> > number of pixels right or something; I could be wrong...
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > SA Dev

TRENDING THREADS