Epson 640 stylus paper feed

Hi all,
I have an Epson stylus 640 printer and the paper feed doesn't work
correctly - it pulls paper through faster on one side than the other. Hence
pages are printed crookedly. I've searched google groups but can't find a
solution - anyone have any ideas?

Cheers
Nick

The usual cause of this is that one pick up wheel has become too glazed
and is slipping.

The easiest fix usually is to take a sheet of heavyish paper (like
student watercolor paper, which isn't too costly) and spray one side of
it with ammoniated window cleaner, just enough to get it lightly damp,
and run it through the machine several times. You can also use a bit of
rubbing alcohol that does don't any lubricants.

A better way (although it takes more time, is to try to find some long
handled cleaning swabs (the ones with foam are better than cotton for
this application) and try to access the pick up wheels themselves. They
often are hiding under a mylar plastic flap on each side of the paper chute.

Art