Bluetooth Dongle

a b \ Driver
July 13, 2004 1:57:01 PM

I have a bluetooth dongle made by MSI (6968) and I need drivers for it.
However, the latest drivers are locked to the BT Address of the dongle and I
must enter this duriong setup.

However, the only ways of findig out my BT Address require drivers to be
installed!

Does anyone know what to do in this situation?
--

Cheers,

elziko

More about : bluetooth dongle

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 13, 2004 6:28:47 PM

The MSI dongle is numbered 6967, not 6968 which is the Bluetooth PCI card.

They have for the 6967 an utility called Bluetooth Address Finder, that will
help you. You can download it from this page:
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/software/swr/spt_...

--
Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
http://www.pocketpcfreak.com

"elziko" <elziko@NOTSPAMMINGyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> I have a bluetooth dongle made by MSI (6968) and I need drivers for it.
> However, the latest drivers are locked to the BT Address of the dongle and
> must enter this duriong setup.
>
> However, the only ways of findig out my BT Address require drivers to be
> installed!
>
> Does anyone know what to do in this situation?
> --
>
> Cheers,
>
> elziko

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 13, 2004 6:28:48 PM

Sorry I got the number mixed up.

However, I think these address finders only work if drivers are installed
(the address finder doesn't find a bluetooth device although there is a UDB
hardware item in device manager that has no drivers yet, obviously)! I think
the idea is that they assume you have the original drivers installed that
did not need a BT Address. I don't have these!

Any other ideas?

--

Cheers,

elziko
"Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com>
wrote in message news:%23tLjWxMaEHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> The MSI dongle is numbered 6967, not 6968 which is the Bluetooth PCI card.
>
> They have for the 6967 an utility called Bluetooth Address Finder, that
will
> help you. You can download it from this page:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/software/swr/spt_...

> --
> Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
> http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
>

> "elziko" <elziko@NOTSPAMMINGyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > I have a bluetooth dongle made by MSI (6968) and I need drivers for it.
> > However, the latest drivers are locked to the BT Address of the dongle
and
> > must enter this duriong setup.
> >
> > However, the only ways of findig out my BT Address require drivers to be
> > installed!
> >
> > Does anyone know what to do in this situation?
> > --
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > elziko

a b \ Driver
July 14, 2004 2:27:03 PM

I think that at

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/download/dld/spt_...

you can still download a previous version of the MSI software, version 1.3.1
which is not locked to the device number. Just seen it there. Try it.

--

> Sorry I got the number mixed up.
>
> However, I think these address finders only work if drivers are installed
> (the address finder doesn't find a bluetooth device although there is a
UDB
> hardware item in device manager that has no drivers yet, obviously)! I
think
> the idea is that they assume you have the original drivers installed that
> did not need a BT Address. I don't have these!
>
> Any other ideas?
>
> --
>
> Cheers,
>
> elziko
> "Helio Diamant - MS/MVP, Mobile Devices" <helio@nospam.pocketpcfreak.com>
> wrote in message news:%23tLjWxMaEHA.3692@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> > The MSI dongle is numbered 6967, not 6968 which is the Bluetooth PCI
card.

> > They have for the 6967 an utility called Bluetooth Address Finder, that
> will
> > help you. You can download it from this page:

http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/software/swr/spt_...

> > --
> > Helio Diamant - MS/MVP Mobile Devices
> > http://www.pocketpcfreak.com
> >

> > "elziko" <elziko@NOTSPAMMINGyahoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > I have a bluetooth dongle made by MSI (6968) and I need drivers for
it.
> > > However, the latest drivers are locked to the BT Address of the dongle
> and
> > > must enter this duriong setup.
> > >
> > > However, the only ways of findig out my BT Address require drivers to
be
> > > installed!
> > >
> > > Does anyone know what to do in this situation?
> > > --
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > elziko

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
July 14, 2004 2:38:11 PM

> you can still download a previous version of the MSI software, version
1.3.1
> which is not locked to the device number. Just seen it there. Try it.

OK, thanks very much for your help, I'll give it a go.

--

Cheers,

elziko
!