Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Can't find networked printer IP address

Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
March 15, 2005 11:49:01 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

I'm trying to figure out why my Sato M-84 Pro won't work after installing the
ethernet card from the Sato manufacturer. I've hard wired it into the the
D-link router and....nothing. I have all neccassary drivers loaded and I'm
going nucking futs! Noone is at Sato at midnight (Est.) and my shipping
employees are not gonna have a barcode printer tomorrow morning. I have
tried all utilities ...but of coarse when you type ipconfig at the dos prompt
it will only show you the computers IP address not devices that are
connected to it. I need to ping the IP address but so far am not having much
luck guessing. Any replies would be appreciated GREATLY!
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 9:58:09 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

Kent wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out why my Sato M-84 Pro won't work after installing the
> ethernet card from the Sato manufacturer. I've hard wired it into the the
> D-link router and....nothing. I have all neccassary drivers loaded and I'm
> going nucking futs! Noone is at Sato at midnight (Est.) and my shipping
> employees are not gonna have a barcode printer tomorrow morning. I have
> tried all utilities ...but of coarse when you type ipconfig at the dos prompt
> it will only show you the computers IP address not devices that are
> connected to it. I need to ping the IP address but so far am not having much
> luck guessing. Any replies would be appreciated GREATLY!
>

Did it not come with some sort of setup utility? There has to be away to
setup the printer and its NIC. From either the front panel of the
printer or through some sort of setup utility.

--
Danny Kile
Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

"Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to
you." Mary Bly
March 16, 2005 9:58:10 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

"Danny Kile" wrote:

> Kent wrote:
> > I'm trying to figure out why my Sato M-84 Pro won't work after installing the
> > ethernet card from the Sato manufacturer. I've hard wired it into the the
> > D-link router and....nothing. I have all neccassary drivers loaded and I'm
> > going nucking futs! Noone is at Sato at midnight (Est.) and my shipping
> > employees are not gonna have a barcode printer tomorrow morning. I have
> > tried all utilities ...but of coarse when you type ipconfig at the dos prompt
> > it will only show you the computers IP address not devices that are
> > connected to it. I need to ping the IP address but so far am not having much
> > luck guessing. Any replies would be appreciated GREATLY!
> >
>
> Did it not come with some sort of setup utility? There has to be away to
> setup the printer and its NIC. From either the front panel of the
> printer or through some sort of setup utility.
>
> --
> Danny Kile
> Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
>
Danny thanks for the response & yes it did come with a setup utility I ran
it unsuccefully several times before making my post.....however, I did notice
when I configured it a certain way (I forget) it gives me the opportunity to
put in the Ethernet address and when I click next it says it is not valid.
Hope this helps, I'm calling SATO this morning. I would still like to hear
from you ( or anyone who might have an idea) again...THANKS-KENT
Related resources
Anonymous
March 16, 2005 12:33:23 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

SNMP Walk your network to locate your printer.
You may even want to do a MAC Address scan.

But if the printer is on another subnet 168.*
you may not see if if your on a 192.*
Anonymous
March 17, 2005 1:11:02 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless (More info?)

Kent wrote:

>
> "Danny Kile" wrote:
>
>
>>Kent wrote:
>>
>>>I'm trying to figure out why my Sato M-84 Pro won't work after installing the
>>>ethernet card from the Sato manufacturer. I've hard wired it into the the
>>>D-link router and....nothing. I have all neccassary drivers loaded and I'm
>>>going nucking futs! Noone is at Sato at midnight (Est.) and my shipping
>>>employees are not gonna have a barcode printer tomorrow morning. I have
>>>tried all utilities ...but of coarse when you type ipconfig at the dos prompt
>>>it will only show you the computers IP address not devices that are
>>>connected to it. I need to ping the IP address but so far am not having much
>>>luck guessing. Any replies would be appreciated GREATLY!
>>>
>>
>>Did it not come with some sort of setup utility? There has to be away to
>>setup the printer and its NIC. From either the front panel of the
>>printer or through some sort of setup utility.
>>
>>--
>> Danny Kile
>>Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY
>>
>
> Danny thanks for the response & yes it did come with a setup utility I ran
> it unsuccefully several times before making my post.....however, I did notice
> when I configured it a certain way (I forget) it gives me the opportunity to
> put in the Ethernet address and when I click next it says it is not valid.
> Hope this helps, I'm calling SATO this morning. I would still like to hear
> from you ( or anyone who might have an idea) again...THANKS-KENT

What is the network address of your network, something like 192.168.0.x,
with the 192.168.0 being the network portion and the .x being 1-254
which is the host portion. So you may have 192.168.0.1 for the router,
192.168.0.2 for PC1 and 192.168.0.3 for PC2 and so forth. the printer
then you would make it something like 192.168.0.10, leaving .4 through
..9 for future use of other PC's. Of course you need to replace the
192.168.0 with whatever you network is setup to use.


--
Danny Kile
Please reply to the Newsgroup ONLY

"Dogs come when they're called, CATS take a message and get back to
you." Mary Bly
!