GA-8PENXP No Video Signal After Tower Change

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.gigabyte (More info?)

Hi All,

I have just swapped computer towers ( to a Cooler Master CAC-T05)and
after power on, there is no monitor signal. The computer was working
fine before hand but for some reason I cannot get this thing to work.
Everything is operational (CPU Fan, Titan Fan, Case Fans, RAM Leds,
Hard Drives (2xSATA), DVD Roms) except for the monitor signal. I have
changed the graphics card with another but still no signal. I have even
taken off the case fastening tab from the video card fearing that
because of the new chassis, it may not be sitting deep enough in the
AGP slot. If anyone can suggest anything I would be most greatful.
Thanks in advance.

Jacko

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2004

mauricec@worldwide.com.au wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I have just swapped computer towers ( to a Cooler Master CAC-T05)and
> after power on, there is no monitor signal. The computer was working
> fine before hand but for some reason I cannot get this thing to work.
> Everything is operational (CPU Fan, Titan Fan, Case Fans, RAM Leds,
> Hard Drives (2xSATA), DVD Roms) except for the monitor signal. I have
> changed the graphics card with another but still no signal. I have even
> taken off the case fastening tab from the video card fearing that
> because of the new chassis, it may not be sitting deep enough in the
> AGP slot. If anyone can suggest anything I would be most greatful.
> Thanks in advance.

Check your bios settings first.If thats not it > Then remove the
motherboard from system and dry run it out of the case sitting it very
carefully on some insulating cardboard or such. (Apply power
connections, add memory check cooling heat sink attached OK and only
connect the video card to system leave key board leds etc conneted for
the moment.) Test system like this. Failing anything working, then
remove all wiring to keyboard speakers leds etc. It may be shorted to
board by loose screw or other short to case when it was mounted to
system. Here's hoping... Static electricity can cause problems and alos
the heatsink to the CPU may have moved causing problem. Beeps OK?
Let us know how you get on...
Jacko