K8T NEO-FIS2R

Hi all does this mb have a firewire header on it or just the external
firewire socket? have seen differing reports!!

Thanks

PS would you recommend this board in general for an Athlon 64 build?

"Richard Milser" <rickmilser@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> Hi all does this mb have a firewire header on it or just the external
> firewire socket? have seen differing reports!!

External ports only, no header. Bit of a ah heck really, as I wanted to
connect the damn things up to the front panel connector on my Antec P160.
Grrr....

> PS would you recommend this board in general for an Athlon 64 build?

Despite the above, yes! It's a cracking board that I've had for about 2
months now, which has been rock solid stable, has survived a couple of BIOS
flashes and just works.

Just my ten pence worth....

--
somnambulist

On 3/30/2004 11:08 AM somnambulist brightened our day with:

>"Richard Milser" <rickmilser@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
>

>>Hi all does this mb have a firewire header on it or just the external
>>firewire socket? have seen differing reports!!
>>

>External ports only, no header. Bit of a ah heck really, as I wanted to
>connect the damn things up to the front panel connector on my Antec P160.
>Grrr....

What's that mean exactly? I've got a firewire, I think, port on my
Audigy, and I've got a similar, to you, front panel firewire case
connector. They don't look anything alike, is there some kind of
adapter or something you can use, are these different technologies?

--
"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

Steve [Inglo]

"Inglo" <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote in message
> On 3/30/2004 11:08 AM somnambulist brightened our day with:
>
> >"Richard Milser" <rickmilser@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
> >

> >>Hi all does this mb have a firewire header on it or just the external
> >>firewire socket? have seen differing reports!!
> >>

> >External ports only, no header. Bit of a ah heck really, as I wanted to
> >connect the damn things up to the front panel connector on my Antec P160.
> >Grrr....
> >

> What's that mean exactly? I've got a firewire, I think, port on my
> Audigy, and I've got a similar, to you, front panel firewire case
> connector. They don't look anything alike, is there some kind of
> adapter or something you can use, are these different technologies?

Should have made it clearer I think....

The Antec P160 front panel has a Firewire port that terminates inside the
case with a bunch of wires and connectors for a Firewire header on a
motherboard, which the Neo doesn't have, thus rendering the front panel
connector on the case completely useless (unless I can get an adaptor of
some kind).

All I do instead is just leave the cable connected to the 6 pin FW port on
the back and it's taped to the side of my telly, waiting for me to connect
the DV cam when needed.

--
somnambulist