K8T NEO-FIS2R

Hi all does this mb have a firewire header on it or just the external
firewire socket? have seen differing reports!!

Thanks

PS would you recommend this board in general for an Athlon 64 build?
3 answers Last reply
More about fis2r

    "Richard Milser" <rickmilser@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > Hi all does this mb have a firewire header on it or just the external
    > firewire socket? have seen differing reports!!

    External ports only, no header. Bit of a bugger really, as I wanted to
    connect the damn things up to the front panel connector on my Antec P160.
    Grrr....

    > PS would you recommend this board in general for an Athlon 64 build?

    Despite the above, yes! It's a cracking board that I've had for about 2
    months now, which has been rock solid stable, has survived a couple of BIOS
    flashes and just works.

    Just my ten pence worth....

    --
    somnambulist
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    On 3/30/2004 11:08 AM somnambulist brightened our day with:

    >"Richard Milser" <rickmilser@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Hi all does this mb have a firewire header on it or just the external
    >>firewire socket? have seen differing reports!!
    >>

    >External ports only, no header. Bit of a bugger really, as I wanted to
    >connect the damn things up to the front panel connector on my Antec P160.
    >Grrr....

    What's that mean exactly? I've got a firewire, I think, port on my
    Audigy, and I've got a similar, to you, front panel firewire case
    connector. They don't look anything alike, is there some kind of
    adapter or something you can use, are these different technologies?

    --
    "Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

    Steve [Inglo]
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.msi-microstar (More info?)

    "Inglo" <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote in message
    > On 3/30/2004 11:08 AM somnambulist brightened our day with:
    >
    > >"Richard Milser" <rickmilser@btopenworld.com> wrote in message
    > >

    > >>Hi all does this mb have a firewire header on it or just the external
    > >>firewire socket? have seen differing reports!!
    > >>

    > >External ports only, no header. Bit of a bugger really, as I wanted to
    > >connect the damn things up to the front panel connector on my Antec P160.
    > >Grrr....
    > >

    > What's that mean exactly? I've got a firewire, I think, port on my
    > Audigy, and I've got a similar, to you, front panel firewire case
    > connector. They don't look anything alike, is there some kind of
    > adapter or something you can use, are these different technologies?

    Should have made it clearer I think....

    The Antec P160 front panel has a Firewire port that terminates inside the
    case with a bunch of wires and connectors for a Firewire header on a
    motherboard, which the Neo doesn't have, thus rendering the front panel
    connector on the case completely useless (unless I can get an adaptor of
    some kind).

    All I do instead is just leave the cable connected to the 6 pin FW port on
    the back and it's taped to the side of my telly, waiting for me to connect
    the DV cam when needed.

    --
    somnambulist

MSI-Microstar Firewire Motherboards