Logitech quickcam express

I'm runing Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2).

Has anyone been successful getting the Logitech Quickcam Express (USB
camera) to work under Windows XP?

I have the install CD with only 98/ME/2000 drivers/software, if I try to
install this, XP says "Program may need to be upgraded...."

I've had trouble downloading the XP driver/software pack from Logitech
(tried the full 42meg file (failed) and the split download (13 files at
about 2.78meg each - not a huge task for a dialup modem - the reintegration
program caused a system error (the dialogue which invites you to send the
info back to Microsoft).

I'm progressively re-downloading the files, but I don't know if it will make
any difference. Anyone had luck with this? At the moment the camera does
sort-of work using the Camera Wizard within XP to do basic functions like
take pictures, but I want the Logitech software to run....

Otherwise I'll think about another camera.

Thanks.
--
Andrew Murray
Perth Western Australia

Outgoing messages scanned with VET antivirus.

Sandman

I can only tell you I bought this Logitech camera and had a similiar
experience with (software caused problems in XP) it.. I did not want to
'troubleshoot' it since, for the money, it should simply work, as far as I
am concerned.. I returned it, deleted all reference to it, including the
registry and bought another cam, called ViewCam 635, website is A4tech.com
and the camera works easily and without conflict with anything.. It is not
as cool looking as the Logitech, but it is trouble free and does just fine
for what I want it for.. It has audio capability also.

"Andrew Murray" <admurray@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> I'm runing Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2).
>
> Has anyone been successful getting the Logitech Quickcam Express (USB
> camera) to work under Windows XP?
>
> I have the install CD with only 98/ME/2000 drivers/software, if I try to
> install this, XP says "Program may need to be upgraded...."
>
> I've had trouble downloading the XP driver/software pack from Logitech
> (tried the full 42meg file (failed) and the split download (13 files at
> about 2.78meg each - not a huge task for a dialup modem - the
reintegration
> program caused a system error (the dialogue which invites you to send the
> info back to Microsoft).
>
> I'm progressively re-downloading the files, but I don't know if it will
make
> any difference. Anyone had luck with this? At the moment the camera does
> sort-of work using the Camera Wizard within XP to do basic functions like
> take pictures, but I want the Logitech software to run....
>
> Otherwise I'll think about another camera.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Andrew Murray
> Perth Western Australia
-------------
> Please reply to Newsgroup
>
> Outgoing messages scanned with VET antivirus.

I looked at the Logitech Australia site and the file size is only 31.2mb..
which file are you loading?

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Andrew Murray" <admurray@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> I'm runing Windows XP Professional (Service Pack 2).
>
> Has anyone been successful getting the Logitech Quickcam Express (USB
> camera) to work under Windows XP?
>
> I have the install CD with only 98/ME/2000 drivers/software, if I try to
> install this, XP says "Program may need to be upgraded...."
>
> I've had trouble downloading the XP driver/software pack from Logitech
> (tried the full 42meg file (failed) and the split download (13 files at
> about 2.78meg each - not a huge task for a dialup modem - the
> reintegration program caused a system error (the dialogue which invites
> you to send the info back to Microsoft).
>
> I'm progressively re-downloading the files, but I don't know if it will
> make any difference. Anyone had luck with this? At the moment the camera
> does sort-of work using the Camera Wizard within XP to do basic functions
> like take pictures, but I want the Logitech software to run....
>
> Otherwise I'll think about another camera.
>
> Thanks.
> --
> Andrew Murray
> Perth Western Australia
> Please reply to Newsgroup
>
> Outgoing messages scanned with VET antivirus.

I'm looking at the Australian pages and it says 42mb.
Here's the link:
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/downloads/software/AU/EN,CRID=1795,contentid=6041

What is the link for the australian site you're viewing?

I'm trying to download the XP version of the Logitech "ImageStudio" & device
drivers.