computer dosen't reconize camcorded

Help please. Bought digital camcorder with picture package software but my
computer does not reconize the camcorder. Tried all the troubleshooting,
went back to where I got it, they don't know, contacted sony they keep giving
me the run around. Can anyone help?

Assuming that it is a USB connection, it is usual to install the software
first,, is this what you did?..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user