  • Motherboards
Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 5, 2004 1:13:23 AM

Hi All,

Just upgraded (?) from xp2400 on K7T Turbo to 875P Neo FISR with P4 2.8gig
800 1mb L2 cache(retail) and 512 MB 3200 DDR - put new board in and
processor checked all connections - no shorting etc - great - turn on -
slight crack heard when started up and thought - oh s**t - slight odour of
something burned - no boot - screen doesn't even start !! 4 red lights on
rear D bracket !!

So started process of elimination - checked out all connections - ok -
checked power supply (450w Q-Tec) - molex feeding HDs and DVDs - ATX CPU
feed showing 2 x 12v - removed processor and replaced with P4 3gig 800 512k
cache - still same response - 4 reds !

|Changed motherboard for another new one - replaced with P4.2.8gig still 4
reds !

Insulated board from mounting pegs on case with nylon washers - checked all
connections - nothing attached to m/b except vga, keyboard and mouse - still
same 4 reds !!

Have I been unlucky and M/B and CPU fried at same time or is there something
I am doing wrong apart from moving from AMD to Intel ????

More about : 875p neo fisr

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 6, 2004 6:39:21 AM

"Sam" <kimbo1920@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<20040404161329.303$Gy@news.newsreader.com>...

> Insulated board from mounting pegs on case with nylon washers - checked all
> connections - nothing attached to m/b except vga, keyboard and mouse - still
> same 4 reds !!

My manual says that four red LEDs are indicating that your processor
is not working correctly.

Chris
!