i brought a XP2600 cpu for my motherboard which is a msi 6380e also my bios
version 5.70, more details can be obtained about my board in the following
link
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_cpu_support_detail.php?UID=11 .
the board clearly supports the thoroughbred xp2600 cpu, but when it loads up
it shows as a xp2000 in the post screen.. how do i resolve this issue, i
have also tried to increase the bus speed but that has had no effect.

Dino

there are various speeds of XP2600's...one is a T-Bred...the other is a
Barton core..though a little more rare it is still out there.and also the
XP2600 is a 333mhz chip..by the chart you only support the older 266 XP2600
and I have a feeling you have the 333 mhz...if you read that chart..it shows
3 processors as XP2600...you had best check which version you have..that
board supports one of the 3