Thomas

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2003

I just install a new hard drive..Seagate 200gb....how do you format this
harddrive...as when i did it...it turn into a dynamic disk....unable to make
partition in this harddrive...is there nay programs to format new hard
disks....thanks
any help appreciated

peter

If you are using the XP CD the installation will let you format the hard drive.
If you are only installing it as a slave format it under admin tools/computer
management/disk management.
peter
"Thomas" <lind11@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I just install a new hard drive..Seagate 200gb....how do you format this
>harddrive...as when i did it...it turn into a dynamic disk....unable to make
>partition in this harddrive...is there nay programs to format new hard
>disks....thanks
> any help appreciated

bar

If this new drive is now recognised in 'My Computer' and has a drive letter
assigned, you will need to install 3rd party partitioning application such as
Partition Magic 7 or 8.

"peter" wrote:

> If you are using the XP CD the installation will let you format the hard drive.
> If you are only installing it as a slave format it under admin tools/computer
> management/disk management.
> peter
> "Thomas" <lind11@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >I just install a new hard drive..Seagate 200gb....how do you format this
> >harddrive...as when i did it...it turn into a dynamic disk....unable to make
> >partition in this harddrive...is there nay programs to format new hard
> >disks....thanks
> > any help appreciated

how are you using the new hardrive ?
do you have an os installed on your machine and added this new drive or
only this drive is present in your machine ?

you can goto administrative tools from startmenu and then computer
management
over there goto diskmanagement and you can format your new drive

--
cinestar
cinestar's Profile: http://forums.tech-arena.com/member.php?userid=2510