K7N2 Delta - L buzzing

I bought a K7N2 last week that was DOA and the replacement runs great but
there is a buzzing sound comming from the motherboard near the cpu area.
It's not the cpu or power supply. I tried my other systems cpu and power
supply and still get the same buzzing sound. It changes as cpu load changes.

Any suggestions ?
Thanks
Ron

"RonK" <nothome@home.com> wrote in message
> I bought a K7N2 last week that was DOA and the replacement runs great but
> there is a buzzing sound comming from the motherboard near the cpu area.
> It's not the cpu or power supply. I tried my other systems cpu and power
> supply and still get the same buzzing sound. It changes as cpu load
changes.

> Any suggestions ?
> Thanks
> Ron

Mine does it too. Sounds like someone getting their head shaved at boot
camp. I think it's what's under those heatsinks.

On 4/7/2004 1:26 PM Kill Bill brightened our day with:

>"RonK" <nothome@home.com> wrote in message
>

>>I bought a K7N2 last week that was DOA and the replacement runs great but
>>there is a buzzing sound comming from the motherboard near the cpu area.
>>It's not the cpu or power supply. I tried my other systems cpu and power
>>supply and still get the same buzzing sound. It changes as cpu load
>>

>changes.
>

>>Any suggestions ?
>>Thanks
>>Ron
>>

>Mine does it too. Sounds like someone getting their head shaved at boot
>camp. I think it's what's under those heatsinks.

Do you have the 4 pin 12V connected?

--
"Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James

Steve [Inglo]

"Inglo" <ingloogoo@zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.xcc> wrote in message
> On 4/7/2004 1:26 PM Kill Bill brightened our day with:
>
> >"RonK" <nothome@home.com> wrote in message
> >

> >>I bought a K7N2 last week that was DOA and the replacement runs great
but
> >>there is a buzzing sound comming from the motherboard near the cpu area.
> >>It's not the cpu or power supply. I tried my other systems cpu and power
> >>supply and still get the same buzzing sound. It changes as cpu load
> >>

> >changes.
> >

> >>Any suggestions ?
> >>Thanks
> >>Ron
> >>

> >Mine does it too. Sounds like someone getting their head shaved at boot
> >camp. I think it's what's under those heatsinks.
> >

> Do you have the 4 pin 12V connected?
>
> --
> "Cocaine's a hell of a drug" - Rick James
>
> Steve [Inglo]

Yep.

I sent the Problem Descrition Form to MSI and got a reply within half hour
which is below.
2 bad mb's in a row !!

Here is their reply:

Hi,

Please contact your reseller/vendor for an replacement. The board is
defective.

Thanks