Boots only once without power being removed

Hi all,

I have a new msi 6330 KT7 Turbo Raid board and the weirdest thing is
happening. It will boot and run fine ONCE. However on subsequent
attempts to boot, it freezes and gives light error code: 0100 which
indicates a memory problem.

If I remove the power cord from the power supply and let it sit for a
few minutes it will boot again, but only once. If you try and reboot,
it will lock.

I have never seen this. I have tried three known good sticks of RAM
and same results. The only thing that seems to clear the error (and
only once i might add) is removing power to the power supply and
waiting. HELP. Anyone with the same experiences? What did you find
out?

Thanks!

<toddburgess@netscape.net> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a new msi 6330 KT7 Turbo Raid board and the weirdest thing is
> happening. It will boot and run fine ONCE. However on subsequent
> attempts to boot, it freezes and gives light error code: 0100 which
> indicates a memory problem.
>
> If I remove the power cord from the power supply and let it sit for a
> few minutes it will boot again, but only once. If you try and reboot,
> it will lock.
>
> I have never seen this. I have tried three known good sticks of RAM
> and same results. The only thing that seems to clear the error (and
> only once i might add) is removing power to the power supply and
> waiting. HELP. Anyone with the same experiences? What did you find
> out?
>
> Thanks!

I've had close but not exactly the same problem. Instead of unplugging
turning the I/O switch off was sufficient (on the back of some computers).

It was the cpu. But the mainboard failed shortly thereafter. I think that
turning off the computer allows a capacitor to discharge. When you
turn the computer on again, it charges the capacitor, and that or
the surrounding circuitry has a problem. If you built this yourself
check to make sure the mobo is not grounding. The problem with
hardware is you have to replace parts until you find the defective one.
Also you can run memtest which is a free diagnostic for memory.